Ke30 Struts Help!

Members dont see this ad

Hmm, this is the DTEI stance on coilovers. I should get my CPE I can write a nice little report and charge people 500 bucks for it!

Aftermarket Suspension Units

Aftermarket front and rear suspension units are available that incorporate an external thread on the main body and corresponding threaded spring saddle that allows the vehicle’s suspension height to be varied. The adjusting of the threaded spring saddle varies the lower position of the spring and therefore, the vehicle ride height, but does not alter the amount of suspension travel. These are commonly known as coil overs.

For these units to be an acceptable alternative to the original manufacturer’s suspension, they must meet the following criteria.

They must:

- have at least two thirds of the amount of suspension travel of the original suspension system fitted by the manufacturer of the vehicle

- have a rubber or other resilient bump stop to limit travel to ensure there is clearance between the coils when the suspension is at full bump

- incorporate a permanent locking device on the adjustment mechanism to prevent the adjusting of the suspension that results in the vehicle’s ride being less than that minimum legal height specified for that vehicle.

Verification of the above must be in the form of a report from a Chartered Professional Engineer (CPE). The report must specify the measured suspension travel of both the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) suspension arrangement and that of the aftermarket replacement. On receipt of an acceptable engineering report by Vehicle Standards, a Statement of Requirements will be sent to the owner detailing the modifications and any applicable conditions and the vehicle would be required to pass a roadworthiness inspection.

Vehicle Standards has a comprehensive list of minimum suspension heights for the majority of vehicles and can be contacted on 1300 882 248.

Hmm, this is the DTEI stance on coilovers. I should get my CPE I can write a nice little report and charge people 500 bucks for it!

Aftermarket Suspension Units

Aftermarket front and rear suspension units are available that incorporate an external thread on the main body and corresponding threaded spring saddle that allows the vehicle’s suspension height to be varied. The adjusting of the threaded spring saddle varies the lower position of the spring and therefore, the vehicle ride height, but does not alter the amount of suspension travel. These are commonly known as coil overs.

For these units to be an acceptable alternative to the original manufacturer’s suspension, they must meet the following criteria.

They must:

- have at least two thirds of the amount of suspension travel of the original suspension system fitted by the manufacturer of the vehicle

- have a rubber or other resilient bump stop to limit travel to ensure there is clearance between the coils when the suspension is at full bump

Sorry I worded my question poorly. Will ke70 stock struts fit into a ke30? And is it legal?

- incorporate a permanent locking device on the adjustment mechanism to prevent the adjusting of the suspension that results in the vehicle’s ride being less than that minimum legal height specified for that vehicle.

Verification of the above must be in the form of a report from a Chartered Professional Engineer (CPE). The report must specify the measured suspension travel of both the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) suspension arrangement and that of the aftermarket replacement. On receipt of an acceptable engineering report by Vehicle Standards, a Statement of Requirements will be sent to the owner detailing the modifications and any applicable conditions and the vehicle would be required to pass a roadworthiness inspection.

Vehicle Standards has a comprehensive list of minimum suspension heights for the majority of vehicles and can be contacted on 1300 882 248.

yeah apparnetly he didnt get defected for the coilovers, he got done for the the car being too low.

ive been trying to find information like that that is applicable in queensland. not having much luck....

thats interesting about the permanent locking thing that doesnt allow you to go lower than legal height. one way of doing it i guess.

though i belive that there are a few "coilover" companies around that are considered ADR approved (places like fulcrum sell TEIN coilovers) and i wonder if they have that permanent limiter thing on them.

ive discovered that trying to find what is legal and what isnt, is a complete pain in the ass.

yeah apparnetly he didnt get defected for the coilovers, he got done for the the car being too low.

ive been trying to find information like that that is applicable in queensland. not having much luck....

thats interesting about the permanent locking thing that doesnt allow you to go lower than legal height. one way of doing it i guess.

though i belive that there are a few "coilover" companies around that are considered ADR approved (places like fulcrum sell TEIN coilovers) and i wonder if they have that permanent limiter thing on them.

ive discovered that trying to find what is legal and what isnt, is a complete pain in the ass.

If anyone has an answer for me please post.

• 4 months later...