Jp's Ke70 Project 20v 4age

CA-ROLLA

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So so so, yesterday after a good day at the drags (congrats to scott for the pb 8.33 @ 175mph in oke020 hope you did better today) i got started on removing the engine and gear box

post-1262-1281867808_thumb.jpg

post-1262-1281867915_thumb.jpg

Then it was out with the cross member and old suspension ready for the new suspension goodies and cross member :D

post-1262-1281868205_thumb.jpg

suspension coming out ^^^^

post-1262-1281868320_thumb.jpg

post-1262-1281868388_thumb.jpg

s13 gear ^^^^^^

And then to start fitting all the new stuff

post-1262-1281868500_thumb.jpg

ae crossmember

post-1262-1281868631_thumb.jpg

S13 lower control arms ra40 rack end and some datsun tie rod ends

post-1262-1281868741_thumb.jpg

and all back on the ground

sorry the progress pics are shit just was a bit rushed today so was all taken on the phone and not enough where taken. huge thanks to my brother gav(gjm85) my brother nick and my dad, same with justin (slw42) and chris (undertaker) this would not be getting along like this without your help in driving me around and helping me find parts.

all in all was not a bad weekend apart front when i found out i had to right hand coilovers :( (stixy?) but the bottom does unscrew so no trouble sourcing a left hand bottom.

so the car now has

- ae71 crossmember

-s13 lower control arms

-s13 JIC coilovers 8KG springs :P its solid

-s13 hubs and sr20de brakes

-RA40 rack ends

-and datsun tie rod ends

-Globe Bathurst wheels

and it all fits nicely still a few bolts need to be put in under and level the car up but that will happen once the rear springs and shocks are in

Thanks for reading :bash:

Edited by CA-ROLLA

Me and the missus washed her Ke20 in the time it took Justin and Chris ? to pull the cross member out.

yeah that justin is not one to f@$k about although he has done cross member changes about 11ty hundred times on these things, and chris well chris just sat around at our place today but i didnt car as he is the licenced driver hehehe thanks chris

Me and the missus washed her Ke20 in the time it took Justin and Chris ? to pull the cross member out.

I just wanted it done and out of the AE71 so we could get outta your hair DES.

yeah that justin is not one to f@$k about although he has done cross member changes about 11ty hundred times on these things, and chris well chris just sat around at our place today but i didnt car as he is the licenced driver hehehe thanks chris

come on man i've only done it a fair few times it's easy only thing is you gotta know what your doing :P :bash:

I really like the stance of your car dude, it isn't low enough though you need bigger wheels and wind the coilovers down :D that way it wont scrub to much and bash onto everything

yeah nothing serious, where the castor arms bolt in to the lca the holes for the s13 castor arm are diagonally across from each other when the corolla ones are directly across from each other so i drilled one hole and just give the crossmember a smack with a hammer where the lca bolts in to open it a little and yeah all sweet