Holden V6 Into Ke70

vpizzle

We have done it, ecotec v6 into a ke70, the conversion isnt that hard to do if you have a bit of mechanical knowledge.

38228140001_large.jpg

38228140008_large.jpg

38228140005_large.jpg

The sump fits between the x-member and swaybar. custom mounts and gearbox crossmember need to be made, as do custom extractors and tail shaft.

easy peazy...

were also building a v8 one aswell :)

Edited by rke_011
  • Upvote 1

Members dont see this ad
  • 3 months later...

i also just put a old 3.8 out of a vr into my ke70 allot of custom work and the wirings a night mare make sure if ur using a motor from vr onwards u have the bcm or the car wont start or get the security removed from the memcal like i did in mine.

Have you managed to register one? Engineered? I'm in the process of doing a KE20 and was thinking to rego it if its possible.

Ive already gone 10.30@135 in a VP Commodore and have a more grunty motor in mind for the KE20.

Though it will be N/A for the engineers...

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

read the previous posts guys it states YOU NEED CUSTOM ENGINE MOUNTS, so in other words get an engine crane, drop the motor and box into it where you are happy with it and then grab a welder and start making some mounts :jamie:

• 3 weeks later...

i have everything needed to do the convertion but all i need toknow is what do you have to do to the trany tunnle to get the commo tranny to fit?

an angle grinder?????

anyway I'm a bit late seein this but ive done it works great i drift it whenever i can!

ive been drifting it for close too 2 years now.

if anyone is interested hers a link!

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/showthread.php/16076-holy-roller

Edited by aarex7

• 7 years later...
On 9/30/2010 at 4:53 PM, rke_011 said:

We have done it, ecotec v6 into a ke70, the conversion isnt that hard to do if you have a bit of mechanical knowledge.

38228140001_large.jpg

38228140008_large.jpg

38228140005_large.jpg

The sump fits between the x-member and swaybar. custom mounts and gearbox crossmember need to be made, as do custom extractors and tail shaft.

easy peazy...

were also building a v8 one aswell :)

Hey mate I'm just about to start my v6 conversion in my ke70 I've got the engine mounts, gearbox mounts and everything else. Just wanted to ask you how you wired it up and how did u do the loom

Thanks mate