Ke55 Sedan Brakes

dimsim

Okay, so I have done a couple of hours of searching the net and found some useful information about the front brakes on these.

I have been trying for a little while to find info about the rear brakes on these to no avail.

Can you buy newer, better brake drums for these or would it be easier and cheaper to convert to a disc brake.

Has it been done before, what would you need to do such a project and how hard is it to do?

If I could get a rough parts list for front and rear and what work/costs are involved that would be awesome.

Thanks

Members dont see this ad

Forget drums, discs is where its at for rear brake conversions.

Either look at converting to a stronger diff that already has discs like and R31 diff for example. Or look into converting either the original (weak as piss) difff or another strong drum (like a hilux) to discs.

If you were to put a T-series diff in it from a Celica or Corona you would have the advantage of a some what stronger rear end, that also has bigger drum brakes on them.

You can then upgrade the drums to discs quite easily of you find a Corona T-series disc brake rear end.

But its not a mind blowingly better diff, so there are probably better options out there like the Skyline one.

Forget drums, discs is where its at for rear brake conversions.

Either look at converting to a stronger diff that already has discs like and R31 diff for example. Or look into converting either the original (weak as piss) difff or another strong drum (like a hilux) to discs.

Hey dude, thanks for the reply, if I managed to get hold of an R31 rear end, how hard would this be to bolt up?

Would I need to change the tailshaft at all?

Cheers.

Here they are.

The Jap drums are around 250mm total dia

The Aussie drums are around 300mm total dia.

We like the Aussie ones as where changing diffs every few weeks as there lighter and smaller they diff comes out easyer.

Diff housings have the same backing plate for aussie or jap drum brakes.

post-8902-080214200 1284532606_thumb.jpg

post-8902-039907900 1284532597_thumb.jpg

CYA

Andy