Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ca18Det Into Xe7X Discussion

Featured Replies

  • Author
sorry LOCKY (i thought i would ask though :D ), but my advise is have a look at i think his name on here is REDAE71 he has a ca in his ae71 and i'm pretty sure he has alot of info on it all in his thread (don't quote me on it though)

 

Yeah mate, I have read his thread but, it's not all that in-depth.

 

The main things I want to know are: how to adapt the loom, if there are any "mix'n'match" tailshaft recipes lol and what is an easy radiator upgrade.

I am trying to keep to an extreme low budget if possible as this isn't the only project car I have lol.

 

I am going to keep to the factory Borgy diff for as long as possible, I will reduild it and lock the center. Then maybe when it breaks, I might be able to afford a VN disk brake diff conversion..

  • Replies 70
  • Views 121.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Yeah mate, I have read his thread but, it's not all that in-depth.   The main things I want to know are: how to adapt the loom, if there are any "mix'n'match" tailshaft recipes lol and what is an e

Posted Images

Yeah mate, I have read his thread but, it's not all that in-depth.

 

The main things I want to know are: how to adapt the loom, if there are any "mix'n'match" tailshaft recipes lol and what is an easy radiator upgrade.

I am trying to keep to an extreme low budget if possible as this isn't the only project car I have lol.

 

I am going to keep to the factory Borgy diff for as long as possible, I will reduild it and lock the center. Then maybe when it breaks, I might be able to afford a VN disk brake diff conversion..

 

 

The loom will be a thing that if you want to do it yourself, you'll need to ring an auto sparky and sort it out with them,

 

Tailshafts will be a matter of measure them up and get a custom one made, or try a mix match of ca18det yoke onto a xE7x depends on what box your gonna use, if your gonna use the rb20 box with a ca bellhousing, or a straight ca box, but with the rb box it places the shifter back were it should be and the ca box pushes it back

 

When I was going to do my turbo ca into ke70 i was just going to use a ca18det S13 rad, simply for the fact that they keep the motor cool and nissan used them for a reason hahaha :P

 

On the diff subject mate the stock borgy's don't like a shitload of power, but the falcon or commondore diff should hold the power of a ca easily, but the thing with that is the falcadore diff will have massively bigger brakes than the stock ke brakes on the front, and i'm not sure if you've thought about your brakes, cause it's fine to say i wanna throw this motor into the car and get it going, but if you've already done front brakes what did you use mate????

hey dude have you read my build up done a few months back. I'm using a integra rad and its sweet as and will keep the budget low, as for gearbox fully recomend using a rb gearbox shifter is 75mm further foward then the ca one and wont get in the way of ya handbrake. Just get a custom driveshaft made up, its not that expensive.

cheers

  • Author

I have S13 CA18DET front brakes to go in. It looks like I will be getting a custom made tailshaft as I have a CA box..

I have S13 CA18DET front brakes to go in. It looks like I will be getting a custom made tailshaft as I have a CA box..

 

i've got a full s13 front under my car, bar the crossmember cause i'm still using a k motor, but are you gonna use all s13 brakes coilovers and lca's????

 

your going to need a cutom tailshaft anyways mate

what would a full stockers s13 front set me back roughly?

I bought my tien coilovers plus hubs, brakes/lines lower control arms for 150, but it could be anywhere from 150 too 800 bucks

So is that all I need? Coilovers, hubs, lcas, brakes and lines and it all bolts straight in?

jump over to ae86dc (i think it may be down for maintainence), go through the tech articles and find the thread on s13 gear into ae86/ke70.

 

in short:

 

hubs, brakes, coilovers, tie rod ends (bluebird TRX), rack ends (ra60), ae86 camber tops. drill a 14mm hole in your LCA bolt hole in your cross member, drill 1 extra hole in your LCA for your castor arm.

 

then it will bolt in.

Excellent thanks ke70dave

oh and also,

 

get some R31 control arms instead of the s13 ones.

 

they are considerably shorter and wont give you stupid amounts of track like the s13 gear does. they are a DIRECT replacement of the s13 ones.

 

howeever for this you can still use your original rack ends. so in summary

 

For using s13 control arms:

 

hubs, brakes, coilovers, s13 control arms, tie rod ends (bluebird TRX), rack ends (ra60), ae86 camber tops. drill a 14mm hole in your LCA bolt hole in your cross member, drill 1 extra hole in your LCA for your castor arm.

 

Using R31 control arms:

 

hubs, brakes, coilovers, R31 control arms, tie rod ends (bluebird TRX), standard rack ends (ke70/ae86), ae86 camber tops. drill a 14mm hole in your LCA bolt hole in your cross member, drill 1 extra hole in your LCA for your castor arm.

 

on a side note, i only just realised that R31 is just the numbers of S13 switched around, with the S replaced with an R.......small things amuse small minds hey.

Edited by ke70dave

HHow effective is the corona suspension setup? with short stroke shocks and lowered springs of course.

 

Sorry I'm new to toyotas, vl turbo background :P

In my case i don't mind the extra track and the strong arm steering haha, but dave covered it perfectly

with the s13s, must they be coilovers or could you use the factory type?

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.