4K Egr Vac Lines

jimmy-d

Can someone pls tell me,I'm putting an old 4k back together after being apart for a while,on the egr valve(right hand side bolted to front of intake manifold)

there are 3 vac lines of the top and 1 big line coming out the bottom,where does this bottom one connect too on the engine,I can't remember and can't see any fitting to suit it??

Members dont see this ad

thanks for that but I still have that diagram on the bonnet of the KE I took it from.The pic shows 3 vac lines off the top which is ok but I have a 4th coming from underneath which is the one I was questioning.I have realised,I think correctly,that there is a difference maybe between auto and manual.The manifolds I fitted were off a manual 4k but the egr was off a auto 4k,checking out the old manifold (after I found it)the auto manifold had a line connected to the ex. manifold but the manifold from the manual does not have that connection.I am assuming that it was for some form of heat transfer to the egr.Anyway I just plugged it and hid it away..

Hi mate if i may add flat front and slanty front ke70's had the same 4k engine. However through the ke70s life cycle Toyota tweaked around with the emission controls on the 4k. You will be able to tell because if the air filter housing says "hi cam" Toyota, it was a later model 4k with more or less vac lines and valves. But auto and maual manifolds should be the same.

the big one on the bottom of the EGR modulator should go to the exhaust pipe. The exhaust pipe should pull a vacuum on it, and this affects the rate of EGR. one of the little pipes should be ported vacuum but only when it is warm (ie through a thermo vac switch), and the other actuates the EGR valve.

Robert.