October 30, 201015 yr comment_479147 G'day guys, Looking at buying a pair of rims, except one has a pretty badly bent lip. Just wondering if anyone in SA restorates rims and is it possible to straighten the lip out? If possible, what prices am i looking at for 're-rolling' the rim? Any help is appreciated. And if possible reply ASAP. Cheers. Edited October 30, 201015 yr by Funking-Awesome Report
October 30, 201015 yr comment_479160 Adelaide Wheel and Rim Extensive Wheel Services. Both Located in mile end. Report
October 30, 201015 yr Author comment_479168 Adelaide Wheel and Rim Extensive Wheel Services. Both Located in mile end. Cheers mate. I'll give them a buzz Monday Any ideas on rough price? Edited October 30, 201015 yr by Funking-Awesome Report
October 30, 201015 yr comment_479178 Go to the one on the city side...next to opposite lock..I have heard bad things bout the other guy. Also keep onto of them, cause they can stuff around abit (Personal experience) You'll be lookin at about 140 for a bent up lip..80 odd for gutter rash from memory. There is also wheelworx..heard mixed things there too.. Report
October 30, 201015 yr comment_479179 The one on the City side is Extensive wheel services. Also seems that they are quite a bit cheaper than Adelaide wheel and rim... Report
October 30, 201015 yr Author comment_479184 Go to the one on the city side...next to opposite lock..I have heard bad things bout the other guy. Also keep onto of them, cause they can stuff around abit (Personal experience) You'll be lookin at about 140 for a bent up lip..80 odd for gutter rash from memory. There is also wheelworx..heard mixed things there too.. The one on the City side is Extensive wheel services. Also seems that they are quite a bit cheaper than Adelaide wheel and rim... Excellent, just what i was looking for guys. Thanks heaps! Report
October 30, 201015 yr comment_479196 Took a wheel from my Chaser there to Extensive Wheel Repairs and they couldnt do much with it, so chose not to attempt it. What make/model are the wheels in question? Report
October 31, 201015 yr Author comment_479331 Took a wheel from my Chaser there to Extensive Wheel Repairs and they couldnt do much with it, so chose not to attempt it. What make/model are the wheels in question? XR4 Longchamps. Report
November 4, 201015 yr comment_480257 If its bent and chipped, it will probably get welded, machined and rolled. +1 for Extensive Wheel Repairs. For the above, I would expect around $150 ballpark figure Report
November 4, 201015 yr comment_480264 I got a price over the phone and both were the same. Collusion anyone? I took my Enkei in Adelaide Wheel and Rim works to have rerolled and they were fine, turned it out in a couple of days and I can't even work out which rim it was that got rolled now. Report
November 6, 201015 yr comment_480560 I got a price over the phone and both were the same. Collusion anyone? I took my Enkei in Adelaide Wheel and Rim works to have rerolled and they were fine, turned it out in a couple of days and I can't even work out which rim it was that got rolled now. same for with with adelaide wheel and rim. couldnt tell you which rim has been rerolled :hmm: Report
November 7, 201015 yr comment_480879 Adelaide Wheel and Rim musta just been in a bad mood when i saw him... Seems you may as well go anywhere.. Report
November 17, 201015 yr Author comment_482857 Adelaide Wheel and Rim musta just been in a bad mood when i saw him... Seems you may as well go anywhere.. Seems a bit that way. Thanks everyone. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now