Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

1970 Ke20 For Sale, Comes With A Whole Heap Of Expensive Parts! &#

Featured Replies

Quick update, I have purchased a full forged ca18det with cp pistons, eagle rods etc. I'll strap a gt3071r to the side and tune it on e85, should absolutely fly. I cam to the realization that after owning a 330rwkw vl and an 11sec gtr this thing would never satisfy me with a k donk

Hell yes!! Pics??
  • Replies 67
  • Views 40.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

going by your old vl and what you've already done to this car, it will be a very clean car. get more pics up :) love white 20's

  • Author

Unfortunately I'm away at sea working for another 3-4 weeks so I can't get any more pics up at this stage..

 

Current plans are to get home, fit up the new diff and 4spd, redo all the front steering (have all the parts), Install new short stroke shocks front and rear, lowered springs and lowering blocks (already have all this gear) and rego it so I can drive it for the summer whilst I accumulate parts for the ca build. Still undecided on auto or manual. Had a full manualised Jatco with 4200 converter and transbrake in my vls, man such an awesome gearbox.

  • Author

Oh, I've also picked up a overrated rear bumper :)

 

I've decided to leave the paint for now and concentrate on getting the thing doing wheelstands, once I do a wheelie I will paint it.

Your going to need a diff to hold that sort of power.

 

My KE20 handled 170rwkw with the stockie 12's on fine (no grip in any gear just span the wheels...) but as soon as i put decent rubber/wheels it had no hope.

 

Now running a shortened hilux with 4.11's and have had no worries ever since

  • Author

Yeah I realize that, gunna go for an r31 modified..

  • Author

here's a few pics of my old vl if anyone is interested. Had to sell it before it was finished due to financial reasons..

Had what should be a 9sec setup. Full house head and cam package, 800hp garrett turbo, transbraked full manual automatic, 1000hp fuel system, proper water inj system by rice racing and a microtech.

Damn I miss her :(

 

The corolla will be built to the same standard.

 

03122008037.jpg

03122008038.jpg

03122008039.jpg

brad_747_VL_003.jpg

brad_747_VL_002.jpg

brad_747_VL_022.jpg

brad_747_VL_001.jpg

01102008221.jpg

01102008224.jpg

  • Author

Small update, picked up a custom GT3076r built by GCG turbos. It's basically a huge highflow as it's in original T28 housings so looks all stock from the outside :)

 

Rated at 500-550hp, it should get the ca moving and help me to achieve my goal of a 10sec pass with a manual.

 

Best part, I picked it up for 500 bones! It's had little use as well, stoked!

 

2i0ylbk.jpg

2rf51zk.jpg

  • Author

Also scored a overrated rear bumper to replaced the dented one.

Picked up a manual conversion for the time being while I'm collecting parts for the conversion.

Picked up an immacualte passenger door and front gaurd as mine are slightly dented and I can't be bothered :P

 

Got 2 bosch 984 fuel pumps, some 5/8 aluminium hard line and undercar surge tank on the way, as well as a holley blue to fill the surge. I know there is 1200hp of fuel delivery there but I will be running e85 so I need all the fuel I can get :)

 

Got myself a compressor so I can practice painting and when I get good enough I'll do a respray.

 

Going to look for an r31 diff and some r31 front struts to convert for the ke..

 

Buying a welder next week and going to have a go at the fabrication of engine mounts, cooler pipes, exhaust and caltracs.

Didn't think you'd be going manual mate. How much power you reckon it's gonna need to get the 10 with the manual?

manauls are more fun IMO, especially for a street/track car

this thing is gonna be a weapon when its done following closely spurs me on to get my celica done and then build a turbo motor for it nom nom

  • Author

manauls are more fun IMO, especially for a street/track car

Have you ever driven a properly built auto with full manual shift, nice converter and transbrake? Incredible. :)

 

I like both, manual will just be more of a challenge to wrangle at the track :)

 

wpn36, at a guess I'd reckon I'll need 250-300rwkw, this in a ke20 should see me trapping 135mph or there abouts I'd imagine.

That little turbo will be a monster on the CA

 

What did the engine set you back?

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.