1970 Ke20 For Sale, Comes With A Whole Heap Of Expensive Parts! &#

7FOUR7

Yeah it probably won't come on hard till around 4000rpm but two step/anti lag will fix that for getting her off the line..

Picked up the engine cheap as chips, $400 with a blown head gasket.

I'm pulling it right down, balancing everything, o-ring the block, port the head, valve springs, cams, rings + bearings etc.. so pretty much a full rebuild.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you ever driven a properly built auto with full manual shift, nice converter and transbrake? Incredible. :)

I like both, manual will just be more of a challenge to wrangle at the track :)

wpn36, at a guess I'd reckon I'll need 250-300rwkw, this in a ke20 should see me trapping 135mph or there abouts I'd imagine.

Yes i have, the stable of cars of driven it far and wide. I still prefer a manual, even if the auto is quicker much of the time. Atleast with a manual you are in complete control of what the car is doing.

That power figure (which is the same as what I'm now aiming for) will be INSANE in a KE20, i had 211rwkw before searching for more.... That was more than enough to fry tyres at highways speeds rolling onto the throttle :fuzz:

Yeah man, 300rwkw will be mental, I had a 330rwkw vl and that would blaze the tyres for as long as you could hold it straight rolling from 120ks..

I'll obviously have it de-tuned to 230rwkw or so for street duties, help prolong the life of the engine etc. As you would know, once you get past a certain power threshhold you don't go any faster, you just spin the tyres harder lol. My vl was quicker on the street when it had 270rwkw