Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best Way To Fix Rusted Through Boot

Featured Replies

The bottom of each side of the boot has rusted through, hole i can fit 4 fingers through.

I got told fibreglassing is best, what would you think?

are you good at welding

 

find someone who is and weld in some plate

 

then skim it over with a good quality filler a

 

and spray it

 

you can fiberglass it but it will look like shit if you don't know what your doing

 

just my 2 cents :happy:

 

Harry

  • Author

I know how to fibreglass, but can't weld for shit, + its right on the bottom side where its all rounded so i figured glassing would be easier.

if you can fiberglass then do it

 

make sure you get ALL the rust out and rust inhibiter

 

once its back to bare metal

 

then fiberglass and spray

 

good luck with it mate

  • Author

yeah matee, cheers

i just used fibrglass around my fuel filler... worked a treat, and for extra strength i threw some gorilla hair in with the bog.

i have fix so many dodge ups from people using fiberglass it will only make it worse later on i think if you are going to be bother fixing it do it properly. simply cut a square out where the rust is cut a peice of 1mm steel to the size and your local panel shop or even an engineering shop will weld it in for you they shouldnt charge anymore than $20.

+1 for the above comment,I can weld and I can f/glass and for a long term solid rust free repair I would always recommend welding and what you spend now you will Know doubt save when it all starts to crack under flex etc which I can almost guarantee it will in time.I guess the real question is "how long your keeping it for",are you going to dolly it up for a quick sale or is it a keeper.

  • Author

ive re-thought this, the car is a keeper, so I'm using metal :)

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.