Difference In The 4A Motors

shayden

Members dont see this ad

too much efforts.

you need a complete 4age in order to "turn" a 4afe into a 4age.

the only thing they share in common is the block, the rest is different.

the only reason it should be done, is if you have both engines already, and the 4age block is stuffed. its not something you should go out of your way to do, its something you would do becuase you happen to have the parts.

4age's arent that expensive, seen a few going for 500 including loom etc.

to put it into a ke70, have a search around, its a long list of stuff and its not cheap, but it is bolt in.

too much efforts.

you need a complete 4age in order to "turn" a 4afe into a 4age.

the only thing they share in common is the block, the rest is different.

the only reason it should be done, is if you have both engines already, and the 4age block is stuffed. its not something you should go out of your way to do, its something you would do becuase you happen to have the parts.

4age's arent that expensive, seen a few going for 500 including loom etc.

to put it into a ke70, have a search around, its a long list of stuff and its not cheap, but it is bolt in.

mm ive looked all ova the web for 4age.. can't find any in vic.. culd u maybe point me in the rite direction.. n power wise wuld a 4afe go any good?

Well its not really bolt in when you're talking about a KE70. Don't you need an AE71 crossmember, AE71 pedal box etc etc. If it was an AE71 then its pretty much bolt in, KE70 you gotta deal with a few small things

yea ive heard alot bout custom crossmembers aswell wuld they be a b***h to make up or.. ?

:)

you're better off just getting an AE71 crossmember, then there is no need for customisation (i have not done a 4a conversion but i've read alot about it so anyone correct me if i'm wrong), unless you're super good with a welder

you can find a 4age in a range of rollas, but pretty much all of them are east west (front wheel drive configuration) and this just leads to more mods needed to make it work.

Just work the guts out of your 4k. Then you'll get a good foundation of knowledge about the car itself and just working on cars then when you're bored of the k series go for the a series and you'll have a bit more experience under your belt. Well thats my 2c, other people will say don't waste the money on a k series engine but meh, i guess i'm a tradionalist.