No Break Power!!!!!!!!!!!&

andys-corolla

hey guys my back left break was locking up so i took it to torque tyres to fix it got new cylinders for the drums and now when i push the breaks i have no power and there no noise so i was wounding if you guys would know whats wrong?

i was thinking maybe the didn't bleed them probably but i have a feeling i might need a new break booster and master cylinder

it seems like i can never win with this car

Members dont see this ad

What do you mean "I have no power"?

Do the brakes not stop the car as they should?

Does the pedal go down very far?

Does the handbrake work?

Can you lock the brakes up if you push hard? Which wheels lock, front or back?

When you get in, press the pedal and hold it down while you start the car. Does the pedal suddenly sink down as the motor starts?

Does it lose fluid so you have to top it up?

what type of car mate? car is toyota corolla ae80

Do the brakes not stop the car as they should? no the bearly slow the car

Does the pedal go down very far? pedal goes to the floor but if i pump it the work but goes back to normal but both front work and only back left back right does not stop that has no breaks what so eva

Does the handbrake work? hand break works but only left side

Can you lock the brakes up if you push hard? Which wheels lock, front or back? no they don't

When you get in, press the pedal and hold it down while you start the car. Does the pedal suddenly sink down as the motor starts? yeas it does

Does it lose fluid so you have to top it up? no i don't

also i been thinkin of disc breaks on the back if i need new booster and or cylinder would this be the best time to do it ?

My idea is that you have air in the system.

yep- I reckon they didn't bleed it properly at all!

Soft pedal= air in system

Not locking up= air in system

Coming on when you pump it= air in system....

The only alternative would be that the rear right is nowhere near adjusted enough and takes all the pedal movement to push the shoes out, but I don't know what sort of adjusters you have.

As the man said- take it back and bitch about it! They could've killed you!

i planing on getting a 4age but i want the car to be safe and i adjusted the breaks the back left is good and the back right is pretty much touching the drum and does not move

if i had a little crack or some thing in my master cylinder would that do the same only asking cause i was going to get them and put them on and work from there

Any problem in the master cylinder would affect two brakes at once.

Does it have ABS? If not then the brakes are in pairs from the master cyl down to the wheels. Some systems have both rears together and both fronts together, and other systems have one of each diagonally.

Just bleed that one brake that doesn't work, or bleed both rears. That may solve the problem completely.

If you've never bled brakes let us know and we can explain it. Its easy to do if you have the right spanner.

Any problem in the master cylinder would affect two brakes at once.

Does it have ABS? If not then the brakes are in pairs from the master cyl down to the wheels. Some systems have both rears together and both fronts together, and other systems have one of each diagonally.

Just bleed that one brake that doesn't work, or bleed both rears. That may solve the problem completely.

If you've never bled brakes let us know and we can explain it. Its easy to do if you have the right spanner.

youll notice most fwd cars have a diagonal brake system (front right hand and rear left hand as one curcit) this is cause if one circut fails the car wont spin if you hit the brakes