Ke70 Brakes On Ke20 Struts

GJM85

Members dont see this ad

Remember doing something like this when I changed to KE35 calipers and discs on my KE20. Used the KE20 outer hubs but bolted the KE35 disc to it. Gave me the correct spacing for the later caliper with the added bonus of keeping the KE20 stud pattern.

• Upvote 1

sorry for all the questions but are ke30 rotors the same as ke70? They sell them as the same thing on ebay thats all..

I'd say they are if the ke30's used girlock calipers.... i know the 55 and 70 girlock calipers are identical.

• 7 months later...

hey all!

I have a 74 ke-20 UK spec that i've just acquired. Pakistan has had its fair share of JDM classics that are still running strong on the roads.

my vehicle is fairly straight but needs a bit of TLC. has 12 inch diahatsu cuore rims at the moment and is running its original 3k with 4 speed.

I plan to change the drive train eventually, but i 1st want to upgrade the suspension and brakes to a ke-70.

the above discussion has me wondering; I'm not aware of the technicalities, but it does seem that ke70 hubs will fit ke-20 struts with some cajoling!i too want 15 inch rolling gear on my ke20, thus the requirement for the conversion.

However, could anyone guide me whether to keep the leaf-spring set up or get coils in the rear from the ke-70 set up.

Thanks!

Qasim

Here is a reference picture of a redrilled ke20 mounting flange from m8 to m10,

notice the casting is about 8mm thick at best which is fine for m8 but not for

m10 regarding strength and engagement as from an engineering perspective.

img1646gh.jpg

img1648eq.jpg

img1649oh.jpg

img1650i.jpg

img1651j.jpg

img1652h.jpg

img1653we.jpg

Edited by styler