Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Early Corolla Sideview Mirror Options?

Featured Replies

so I've only got the driver's sideview on my ke55 coupe and it's got a big chip missing

I wanna replace it with something more classic than that black headed thing

 

 

Ideally I'd like some that are from maybe an earlier corolla, all chrome or something? And I also want both sides done.

 

no fender mirrors!

 

 

any ideas?

 

cheers

G`day mate, they might be a bit hard to find, but early Falcons came with external chrome mirrors. The door shape was similar to the 55`s so they should look ok. I had a pair on a ke10 way back when.

The other option is to go for the conical shaped GT mirrors that are available on Gaybay.

Cheers.

  • Author

yeah that's pretty good looking!

 

how about the early rollas, ke10-25 etc? did any of them have all chrome door mirrors on both sides?

I am looking at some clip on chrome jobbies for the TE27, and also for the KE15 to supplement the standard fender mirrors which are a bit hard to adjust to.

 

Have a look on UK ebay and search 'chrome bullet mirror'

 

There are screw on ones there too, but I quite like the short arm clip on fiat items. Bit pricey though.

another option is the older style 'peep mirror'. you'll never get a great view out of one but you'll see enough not to merge into a truck. TE278U had these on his TE27 corolla. i'll try and find a photo of his car.

 

_DSC1834.JPG

 

EDIT: for some reason it won't let me post the pic so here's a link. TE27 with mirror.

Edited by KEhendo

These are the ones I was thinking of

 

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FIAT-500-126-CHROME-BULLET-SIDE-VIEW-MIRROR-/200432797281?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2eaab9c661

 

 

Plus there are plenty of listings selling this style

 

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item5641349754

 

 

You can also get the second style in a clip on

 

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item3cb2dd8038

 

 

If you go to places like Scott's, Bill Thompson Auto Rubbers, rare spares etc, I suspect they will stock something like the last two.

Edited by parrot

  • 4 months later...
  • Author

saw this lovely wagon today

 

anyone know what kind of mirrors these are???

 

cheers

post-10916-009413400 1303699136_thumb.jpg

I'm pretty sure those above are available from your local supercheap or autobarn as store stock, pretty cheap too :cool:

Yep I have some like that.. about 20 bucks each and they give good vision and look alright too :wink:

+1 for peep mirrors.

heres mine

 

cooler.jpg

  • Author

I like peep mirrors but unfortunately there's no good way to mount them on a pillarless coupe!

Hi have a r/h mirror for a RT132 liftback corona that fits on door and is chrome, try googling images for liftback coronas, but unfortunatly i only have r/h side.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.