Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ke15 With Trd Upright Kit

Featured Replies

Hi,

Now I am after pictures of KE1X with TRD up right kits if people have them? OR

 

Info from someone who has done an up righted K motor in a KE1X.

 

I have the issue with my radiator the top inlet to the tank is very close to the centre of the car and with a slanted stock K motor the top hose is very short with a sharp radius.

 

I just blew my radiator on the KE15 so I am going re-core and since I am up righting a 5K in it soon Was thinking of shifting the top inlet over to the side more.

 

But if I can find info off people here with what they have done when up righting K motors in there KE1X it would help lots with ideas as I it might be best to go a larger radator etc. As I don't wanna pay a stack of cash for nothing to do this radiator mod and it not work..LOL

 

Cheers

Cameron

I'm unsure if it would fit, but a KE70 radiator has the top outlet on the drivers side, and can work with an uprighted engine.

 

Might be worth a squiz?

where can you get the TRD upright kit from cause i have been searching for it but come up blank

This may help you Cam!!

 

post-439-018080300 1293778311_thumb.jpg

 

post-439-010104000 1293778446_thumb.jpg

  • Author

^^^ SV21 radator...LOL

 

Yes problem is I have the KE15 is a narrow radator mroe narrow then KE30 to KE70. So a radator up grade for me is a KE30 radator.

 

This would be a cheaper way for me to move my water outlet but the problem is if I put one in there a little thicker and the plates you have to make up to squeeze them in push it slightly closer to the engine as I don't want to cut and drill holes in this KE15. ANd engien to radatorclearence is so tight I can't even fit a slim thermo fan in between the engine and radator so that is why I am thinking of moving the top pipe.

 

Much easier in a KE70 engine bay..LOL

 

comtoy many many many many days serching japan for a kit( and many $$). Still don't have all the kit (need gaskets and gear box mount but hey I can make them) but I got enough to make it work and many $$ late this change isnt for the faint hearted K motor fan..LOL

 

Cameron

so there is quite alot of work involved in uprighting these k motors is there

where can you get the TRD upright kit from cause i have been searching for it but come up blank

there is upright kit on yahoo auctions at the moment :yes:

  • Author

there is upright kit on yahoo auctions at the moment :)

 

^^^No there isnt.......lol

 

 

Cameron

there is upright kit on yahoo auctions at the moment :)

 

^^^No there isnt.......lol

 

 

Cameron

there was last night it wasn't a complete kit it had trd mounts,modified sump and modified oil pump

there could be one come up for sale again if someone doesn't hurry up and pay for it!! :blush:

I figured you were going to upright it when you started to ask about inlet runners. Sweet.

 

I run a ke20 rad in mine, slightly taller but fits alright. That should be fine for you cam, reckon you might just need to look at custom lower rad hoses. My biggest problem with that oneisfitting it around the alternator, I actually put a hole in the hose from the fan on the alternator hitting it since I upgraded to the internal erg alternator.

 

It keeps mine running cool the biggest problem is no overflow bottle.

  • Author

^^^ hehehe on the money :)

 

Yes dug up one of many radiators I have (found 6 don't know where they all came from) But got the best suited for the job. Is a KE1X item all stock. So getting re-core (pending price will be 3 row) and top tank inlet getting moved and the lower inlet on the KE1X radiator is metal pipe comes out and bends up. I have never had issues with that as rubber pipe is smaller and if running a KE30 lower hose pushed the top part of the hose up over the alternator so I shall be keeping the bottom stock.

 

As I have never stuffed a lower hsoe. I also run the original external reg alt. Not sure if later alternators had a larger fan etc or sit forwards more as I know the front housing changes and the arm to hold them changes.

 

But I currently run a KE2X rad works good but mmm feel not quite right. Gets a tad warm fan comes on if I stop at lights even.

 

But Should be noted I run a 600mL coke bottle over flow zip tied to side of radiator :) solved so many issues and hardly have to fill the radiator up :) You should invest..lol

 

Cameron

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.