is there a simple radiator upgrade ?

or should i just get a new ?secondhand one

i think the core is blockd...

is there a way to unblok it ???

all help would be great

Edited by f.i.t.

Members dont see this ad

take the radiator out and flush it really good,

put a hose in the pipe with something wrapped around it to create a seal and blast the insides out, rotate the radiator on the edge flushing on the side uspide down etc.

Then repeat for the other hole. Leave the radiator cap on.

Also take out your thermometer and put it in a cup of hot water and make sure its opening.

While the radiator is out, reverse flush your engine, same as like the radiator, flush through the top hose then the lower hose.

Make sure when you refill the radiator the car is flat or nose up to prevent air leaks.

Try all that if its still running hot prob time to reco the one you have, or find a good 2nd hand one.

EDIT: If it hasnt had it done recently you may as well do the oil / filter while you are at it.

Good luck.

Reed

Edited by blzbub666

ok i took it out flushed it as said has no themo in it allready

alot of brown water came out

and some slug

flushed everythink motor radiator out has to help was alot of crud in there

i brogut a raditor flush aswell try that see how i go i will let u all know how i go.......

does any1 have a ruff price on a reco one?????

if its not the radiator what eles could it be???

take the radiator out and flush it really good,

put a hose in the pipe with something wrapped around it to create a seal and blast the insides out, rotate the radiator on the edge flushing on the side uspide down etc.

Then repeat for the other hole. Leave the radiator cap on.

Also take out your thermometer and put it in a cup of hot water and make sure its opening.

While the radiator is out, reverse flush your engine, same as like the radiator, flush through the top hose then the lower hose.

Make sure when you refill the radiator the car is flat or nose up to prevent air leaks.

Try all that if its still running hot prob time to reco the one you have, or find a good 2nd hand one.

EDIT: If it hasnt had it done recently you may as well do the oil / filter while you are at it.

Good luck.

Reed

Also keep the heater tap open so any rubbish inside can be flushed out too. Reed summed up perfectly what I was going to say :y:

ok i took it out flushed it as said has no themo in it allready

alot of brown water came out

and some slug

flushed everythink motor radiator out has to help was alot of crud in there

i brogut a raditor flush aswell try that see how i go i will let u all know how i go.......

does any1 have a ruff price on a reco one?????

if its not the radiator what eles could it be???

If you use tectaloy rad flush, you can only run it in the cooling for 20mins from memory. Ke30-55's temp gauges had a tendency to read hotter than they normally were also. Some guys on here install after market reputable temp gauges. I.e VDO and the like.

the one i used said 10 min's

used it took it for a drive again whent ok then heated right back up its hot here but still

yea i am going to put in a temp gauge soon

radiator shop opens on tuesday i hope

going to see how much to recore thm or clean core right out

need it sorted ...

just say if i get it recored what can it be

p.s heater is dissconected on it house go's around motor n go;s back near water pump

could that make it heat upp?????

Nah just wondering if someone had put a thermo on as it might not be kicking in.

The heater hoses shouldn't be causing a problem, though it may pay to pull one off and flush it.

Possibly you have flushed your system but not them and some build up has come out of them.

But in all honesty it sounds like a radiator problem.

Only other thing I can think of is to find someone with one that works and swap them over and eliminate the possibility that way.

Where are you located, someone here may be willing to help

Maybe try putting a wanted ad up on here and you may be able to get lucky.

Worse comes to worse I think you could gets your reco'd for $80-100 ish (i think, I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm out) which is 1/3 the price of a new one.

Or shell out for a freshy. Depends how far you are planning on going with your car.

:y: Reed

yeah i flush them out aswelll i got told to put my hand on the out side of the radiator to see is the cores were blocked eg hot and cold spot's

all felt ok in middle out sides were hoter but.. just waiting for shop's to open for prices

if its only 100 for a recore i will do that anyways

as some of the fin's are failry messed up

Edited by f.i.t.