January 9, 201115 yr comment_494006 Hey guys, I was having an intermittent misfire with my new dizzy in and now it's alot worse. Pulled it out and found the plastic cover to the ignitor part was loose and after pushing and what not it ran better but I reckon it needs replacing. I don't know what car it came off, I've pm'd the guy I bought it off but thought some people might know where I can get all new bits. Here's a pic of what I'm talking about: Cheers Report
January 9, 201115 yr comment_494007 http://cgi.ebay.com.au/TOYOTA-FORKLIFT-4Y-5K-SIGNAL-GENERATOR-PARTS-11-/310177431009?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item483803fde1 but at that price f@$k that! you should have a problem with a missing cover. just make sure no water gets in there Report
January 9, 201115 yr Author comment_494010 Yeah not $120 can get another dizzy cheaper than that....I think.....It's not really a cover, it's two parts one holds the little pcb and the metal bit holds the power transistor to act as a heat sink. So i think the soldered joints have moved but it's been specially built (on the cheap though, most probable anyway) Report
January 9, 201115 yr comment_494015 wait wait wait. those 2 bolts holding the inductive pick up were loose? if they were loose this means your dwell was up the shit. (coil not energized enough to produce a good spark) tighten em up and check you dwell! Edited January 9, 201115 yr by Evan G Report
January 9, 201115 yr Author comment_494024 OK ummm....the two arrows show what was loose, all the screws were tight. Edited January 9, 201115 yr by jono1986 Report
January 9, 201115 yr comment_494026 ohk gotcha! I'm pretty sure you can buy the special heatsink paste from motor traders and just glue it back on (beware that shit causes cancer BIGTIME!) Report
January 9, 201115 yr Author comment_494054 I'm not sure that will do it, i might open it up and try and get a soldering iron in there. Report
January 9, 201115 yr comment_494105 No, we don't sell heatsink paste Evan. We don't deal a lot in electrical. Jaycar Electronincs is where you want to go for that Jono. :) Report
January 9, 201115 yr comment_494121 I remember when our tfi module died when we were living in sa, dad went down motor traders in kilkenny and bought a tube for $30 and we still got it if you want a pic Report
January 10, 201115 yr comment_494158 How long ago was that? If its more than 2 years ago, we're clearing out our dead stock, so don't keep things like that anymore. Report
January 10, 201115 yr Author comment_494230 Full of cbf factor at the moment, thinking of putting the points back in just with the new setup. How long do you think points will last with a GT40 coil? Report
January 10, 201115 yr Author comment_494314 Took the ignitior thing apart and resoldered everything, but I reckon it's long gone. Just put in the points distributor in for the next couple of weeks, and hopefully the points last that long...then again their only $8.25 for new ones so. I have a programmable ignition system that can work on a reluctor pickup, might try that just for the hell of it. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now