Toyota Info And Input Please!?

oli

Hi,

Well you might have seen a few posts about me having a KE in the UK and some pretty n00b questions etc I was looking at some 86 suspension parts and came across an offer that was along these lines of detail and with these pics.

1. 4AGE 16V engine

-port and polished

-full engine weighed & balanced

-TRD exhaust manifold

-aftermarket lightened flywheel

-cam covers changed to SC covers and painted blue with TRD stickers.

-after market cam with gears.

-clutch and preasure plate 90% new

2. complete engine & dash wiring

3. gearbox modified for shorter shifting and quick RPM gain (Japs did it)

I havent tried the gbox but maybe the 4th and 5th gear has been swapped.

4. ECU retuned by Japs for faster RPM gain and redline

5. Digital meter panel & dashboard not from AA63. The fuel tank is included for the sensors to work.

6. 86 long shaft

7. 86 rear axle disk brake but no LSD

8. auxilaries like starter, alternator, AC condenser etc

gallery_3663_170_58545.jpg

gallery_3663_170_174728.jpg

gallery_3663_170_490054.jpg

gallery_3663_170_186760.jpg

That the crossmember and engine mounts in this pic below??

gallery_3663_170_248595.jpg

T50 gearbox??

gallery_3663_170_437997.jpg

gallery_3663_170_285259.jpg

gallery_3663_170_327269.jpg

I basically need varification as it's not close to me and I can only take his word for it.

I mean firstly are they TRD extractors?? look kinda rusty

Are all the parts there?? He bascially told me its from a TE72 and will bolt on to my KE70 np. From that spec and those photos what should I be asking for more info on......

I don't know price as yet as he's finding how much for shipping etc plus there's other bits that I might wantso a better more final figure can be agreed later.

input and comments please!!

Edited by oli

Members dont see this ad

Its definatly a 4AGE, with the A series crossmember should bolt straight into your ke70. You will need a hydraulic clutch too as KE70s all came with a cable clutch to my knowledge.. Do a compression test on the engine before you go buying it, no use buying a dud that you will have to rebuild.

you might find the article i wrote in the FAQ interesting

http://www.rollaclub.com/faq/index.php?tit...nverting_to_RWD

Ok, so I will need to ask about the hydraulic clutch and pedal box and ask for a compression test and results.

so what about the efi? I've asked the question and he hasn't got back to me yet. looks like i'll run it on carbs?

cheers for the input. any other things to think about?

Shows how much I know..... going to find out if the ecu and injectors etc are all there.

So take it, its a good little package for someone that can't find many 86 parts.

thoughts on the exhaust? trd?? or turd?? bit rusty looking too or shall I just respray it when i get it :D

definitly keep the EFI.

looks like you only need a loom and ecu there.....

iv got the info at home, but I'm pretty sure the TRD exhaust is the stock one with different secondaries. although that may just be the group A ones.

id be inclined to say they are not TRD ones..... but id need to check my info.

are they 4-2-1 or 4-1? hard to tell from that pic

Well the pedal box and hydraulic clutch is all included...so are the loom and injectors etc. xmember also :jamie: .Just waiting for the confirmation on ecu - but I think I can get hold of one of those if it's not there.

the extractor 'looks' like 4-1 from the first pic.

could you check your info about them Mr Revhead about the trd bits?

Do i need gearbox mounts too?

"need the gearbox mount as well" - noted

Revhead's comment about them possibly being TRD N2 extractors for carbs.....the bit about the 02 sensor in the wrong place and also it being for the wrong engine worries me more.

Is it due to the fact it looks like it could be the TRD N2 extractor that it is wrong or more so the design and o2 sensor placement?

I wouldnt stress too much about the exhaust, its still looks a shitload better than the stock cast job. I wouldnt stress too much over the placement of the O2 sensor. I have tried numerous types of stock ECU's and none of em gave a shit whether it was plugged in or not.

hmm..... I'm personally tempted to go with it for now and source a standard manifold if I see problems I guess. What I don't want is the manifold causing issues where I can't use it once installed.

Which is my next question. If it should be ok to run and the only real detrimental effects are not optimum torque etc I can live with for now. if thats the case?

In fact are there any pics of a standard 4age manifld about?

So far it seems I'm closer to going with the deal, I really appreciate the comments and heads up and input people are bringing. Any more comments and issues I try to sort out the better.... so more ideas!!

Cheers!