Ke70 With Ae86 Front Gear

the_van_can

Hi all.

Have been trying to find this information myself, been looking through faq and other places.

I am putting AE86 front struts and some other 86 suspension gear into the front of my KE70 Pano.

The only thing I need to get now is springs, I want to keep it Stock height, it sounds strange but the stock height suits me perfect

for what I use it for. I can't find the stock front spring heights for both AE86 and KE70 to compare,

they have a difference king spring part number so I can see the car will either be higher or lower

so if anyone has the measurements that would be great.

Members dont see this ad

Chassis geometry wise the AE86 and XE7X is identical. A full height AE86 spring will be full height in a KE, so no drama's there mate. The problem you get with strut swaps is when you fit corona gear with full height springs - 2" lift on a KE.

I have 1.5" lift on Camry daily I know where your at liking a bit of clearance :)

i hve some low king springs for an ae86 i have never used. paid $170 for them.

if you run out of options there yours for a slab of beer :)

Thanks for the offer.

Chassis geometry wise the AE86 and XE7X is identical. A full height AE86 spring will be full height in a KE, so no drama's there mate. The problem you get with strut swaps is when you fit corona gear with full height springs - 2" lift on a KE.

I have 1.5" lift on Camry daily I know where your at liking a bit of clearance :)

That's what I figured so you have confirmed it for me, clearance is win especially in the current flood conditions here.

anyone know if you could use ke70 springs on an ae86 strut? I have also been googling that tonnes with no result. Once

again I assume that would be pretty much identical to 86?

KE70 springs are a narrower diam than the AE86, no love there. I made it through a 4m wide 2m deep railway underpass in the camry the other night at oxley by accident. Hit it at 40kph, running for the green like - water a foot over the windscreen :) I shut the throttle instantly, and once I had a wake going I fed it a little throttle and she motored through.

Also followed a prado through 2 foot deep water over 200m long the other week, could have overtaken the pussy :P Was 150 cars waiting at the other end of the flood way, 15 of which were in 4wd's and being pussies getting dirty looks from me :)

KE70 springs are a narrower diam than the AE86, no love there. I made it through a 4m wide 2m deep railway underpass in the camry the other night at oxley by accident. Hit it at 40kph, running for the green like - water a foot over the windscreen :) I shut the throttle instantly, and once I had a wake going I fed it a little throttle and she motored through.

Also followed a prado through 2 foot deep water over 200m long the other week, could have overtaken the pussy :P Was 150 cars waiting at the other end of the flood way, 15 of which were in 4wd's and being pussies getting dirty looks from me :)

lol good work mate, would of loved to see it first hand it's funny how people with 4wd's think their tuff but have never actually use their vehicles, cheers for the info.

sidenote: r.i.p unfortuante queenslanders

Edited by the_van_can

now beerhead i know you had a few cold beers waiting in your fridge but was disobeying police directions a good idea? its all good to tell the stories of how you did it but we just hope we don't have to organise a memorial cruise for a fellow RC member

i have some stock ae86 springs here you can have cheap.

Thanks for the offer, I also enjoy using your quote :P.

I am upgrading my suspension and I'm a bit too materialistic,

I MUST have new standard ones lol, was also after ones same height but

a little stiff. cheers though, oh an nothing can beat a jacked up camry,

sounds like something I'd drive when I was retiring lol no offense beerhead :P

The 2m deep section was an accident, pouring rain and it looked like bitumen until I was in the water. The other section isn't a rushing river, just a section of road that goes under. I'm from out bush, I know the limits, and am very experienced in flood water /mud. I do feel for the people who've been left stranded or injured, don't get me wrong, but I do get frustrated with people who vere into oncoming traffic to avoid a puddles in there 4WD.

now beerhead i know you had a few cold beers waiting in your fridge but was disobeying police directions a good idea? its all good to tell the stories of how you did it but we just hope we don't have to organise a memorial cruise for a fellow RC member