Ae82 St 20V Conversion

Burcoty

Originally these questions were posed directly to Ae25 cause he's already successfully done the exact same conversion but i figure if anyone else can help aswell that would be good =]

ok first couple of questions..

this is the wiring diagram that i'm using to get the 20v loom right (it was spliced into an ae86 and i had to remove that part of the loom to keep just the engine loom), i would like to know what the two things i've circled are?

silvertopdiagram2.th.jpg

next here is a picture of my igniter loom..

02022011514.th.jpg

if you look at the wiring diagram it shows only 2 wires going to the igniter yet this one has 5..

i figure that the ones all joined are an earth and the wire with the masking tape hanging off it is the starter signal.. so basically i want to know is what do pins 4 & 5 plug into? pin 4 being the loose wire and 5 being one of that pair of plugs at the bottom and also where do i earth it to?

I also noted in your build thread that you were using the stock ae82 fuse box, did you have to modify it at all?

And what I'd like to know most of all is how you wired up the EFI main relay as in my haste i forgot to note how it was set up in the '86 and now it has me stumped as how to set it up :(

Generally speaking i'm keeping the alt and starter loom from the 82, just connecting up the starter signal wire (the prev owner set up a relay that seems to make it as easy as plugging in the signal wire and thats it, i can turn the engine over with just a battery and hooking this relay up like b4 and touching the signal wire to pos without any other loom attached.. will find out soon enough about that though lol)

another thing, Pin "L3" that connects to cco on the diagnostics terminal connects to an air temp sensor.. Where is this sensor located, is it needed?

with the "L" or 12 pin plug on the 20v ecu and the 14 pin plug on the 16v ecu i'm guessing you can directly swap pins marked +B1, BATT, CCO?, +B, W, EGW & SPD and i'm pretty sure FC plugs into the circuit opening relay (the same wire that plugs into the diagnosis connector?) ???

I'm not running A/C so that leaves L1, L2, L3 & ECT. what are these for, did you wire them into anything else? disregard, realized my car doesn't have these.

All help is most appreciated

Tyrone

Edited by Burcoty

Members dont see this ad

That section you have circled would appear to be a plug coming from the ignition/start switch..

5 Ignitor wires are..

IGF - To Computer (Black/Yellow?)

IGT - To Computer (Black/Blue?)

IG+ (12v Ignition) (Black Orange)

IG- (Negative side of Ignition Coil) (Black?)

Tacho Signal (Black?)

L1, L2 & L3 according to the diagram are shock absorber control..

look at some of the 16v wiring diagrams on the FAQ, some of the wiring is pretty similar..

That section you have circled would appear to be a plug coming from the ignition/start switch..

5 Ignitor wires are..

IGF - To Computer (Black/Yellow?)

IGT - To Computer (Black/Blue?)

IG+ (12v Ignition) (Black Orange)

IG- (Negative side of Ignition Coil) (Black?)

Tacho Signal (Black?)

L1, L2 & L3 according to the diagram are shock absorber control..

look at some of the 16v wiring diagrams on the FAQ, some of the wiring is pretty similar..

Thanks for that, really helps and yeah i have been but those weren't mentioned.. not that it matters now :P