Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

5 Speed

Featured Replies

Hi there, I'm new here and posted this in a different section and just found ke part, I have a ke30 with 4 speed in it. I'm wondering if the ke70 5 speeds fit into this without many major adjustments. When i did my old ke55 a few years ago i used a ke70 box but i was converting an auto to 5 speed. Think i had to adjust x member and cut the floor. Anyone help out, i can't find a ke55 one but might be able to get hold of a ke70 5 speed easier.

The KE70 5 speed will fit but you are going to have to do the same adjustments. Relocate the shifter hole about 90mm back

and drill holes in the 4 speed crossmember to fit the 5 speed mount.

Actually I think someone was selling a rear section of a 5 speed that would circumvent needing to relocate the shifter position.

Hi there guys new to here, just wondering how many of you have put a 5 speed into a ke30?I'm struggling to find one but what i have done a few years ago is put a ke70 gearbox into my ke55. I had to cut the floor and get x member adjusted. As this was an auto tho I'm wondering if thats y i had to adjust those things. This car is already a 4 speed so wondering what your thoughts are of the ke70 fitting straight in? its easier to get a ke70 than it is a ke55 5 speed?

Hi Charlton, You need a K50 5 speed by the sounds of it.I have one for sale on ebay.Search : Toyota corolla gearbox K50.

post-11040-038037400 1296789552_thumb.jpg

Edited by partsgiveaway

a KE55 5spd will be a bolt in afair to a KE30.

 

a KE70 5spd requires the shifter hole to be cut about 90mm further back. Also need to have the KE70 gearbox mount and crossmember.

 

 

You said that you have to adjust the crossmember in the first car (previously auto)

 

Auto chassis have a different bolting arrangement and the crossmember is further back than the manual chassis

Edited by SLO-030

  • Author

Thanks for that if you remember where you seen the 5 speed please let me know, I'm searching wreckers tomorrow because my other source just fell through.

Bmxsexmonkey is selling the tailhousing and shifter from a KE55 5speed.

 

The KE55 tailhousing is a bolt on affair to a KE70 5speed and means its a bolt in job for a KE30.

Actually I think someone was selling a rear section of a 5 speed that would circumvent needing to relocate the shifter position.

 

That would be me. ;)

 

Its just a mstter of swapping over the rear extension housings.

 

Saves elongating the hole to move the shifter position back further.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.