Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Which Model Corona For Strut Conversion?

Featured Replies

Hey guys, bit new to this....

 

I'm sure the answer to this is really simple, Ive done a search and haven't really found a definate answer....

 

I'm wanting to put corona struts/control arms, etc in my KE70 to better my suspension and to eventually do the Hilux/Peugot brake upgrade.

What I need to know is what model corona do I need to get the parts out of for them to fit? Is it just XT130? or 131, 133, RT142?

Theres a xt133 at a wreckers near me, would that have all the parts I need? or do I need xt130 specifically?

 

Any help is greatly appreciated.

 

Thanks, Dave.

Edited by lildavo

  • Author

fair enough...

 

whats the difference between the xt130 and xt133 strut?

will it work in a ke70 at all? or do you just mean to adapt the peugot/hilux brakes onto?

  • Author

Ive sourced XT 130 struts, brakes, etc for the conversion - but I'm unsure whether to buy them or not as they're asking about $400+ for the struts/brakes & LCAs

 

Is that fair? or should I just hold out till I find some cheaper.

  • Author

Thanks for your help guys making sure I didn't get the wrong ones.

 

I bought a pair before the weekend from a local wrecker for $200. control arms and steering knuckles included.

 

Now, I know I have to change the top hat, but do I need to change the spring aswell? will the corona spring work with the ke70 top? or ke70 spring with corona bottom? If not, what other options do I have?

 

Will i have to get a spring custom made with a ke70 top and xt130 bottom?

 

Any help is greatly appreciated.

 

Edit: Also anyone else chasing just xt130 control arms, give great western auto wreckers in orange a call on (02)63628822 as they had 3 xt130s at their yard.

Edited by lildavo

Just check the stud pattern on the Corona top. If it doesn't fit, swap them over by undoing the nut under the grease cap. Easiest way to check if things fit is by physically putting it in or comparing.

Youll need the corolla strut top, upper spring perch and the spring, the lower spring perch is a bit bigger than a corolla one but the spring still sits in it fine.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.