Car Not Running Smoothly After Installing Surge Tank

dividee

hey guys ive just recently fitted a surge tank setup in my car. However now my engine is not getting enough fuel as the car is not running smoothly and is misfiring. Ive double checked all the hoseing and everything looks to be in the right spot. I'm thinking the fuel pump is not pumping enough fuel?? Also when i switch the car to start the fuel pump doesnt prime, only until i completely turn the car on then it decides to pump fuel.

If anybody can help me out it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Members dont see this ad

I would say that you may have to hook the Facet up to ignition power so you can prime the system before the car starts but even then it should be supplying enough fuel to fill the tank.

nah you shouldnt need that.

the surge tank should be always full, and over flowing when running (ie slightly pressurised). thus no priming needed.

dividee, maybe draw a diagram in paint exactly how you have hooked up the pipes. showing which pipe on the surge tank you have hooked up which line.

what have you done with the return from the fuel rail?

yep everything is correct. Lowest point to fuel pump > fuel rail. Than return from engine to surge and overflow back to fuel tank

nah you shouldnt need that.

the surge tank should be always full, and over flowing when running (ie slightly pressurised). thus no priming needed.

dividee, maybe draw a diagram in paint exactly how you have hooked up the pipes. showing which pipe on the surge tank you have hooked up which line.

what have you done with the return from the fuel rail?

I know you shouldn't, that is what I said.

Bolded part, it pays ton read a thread before you comment.