Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Weird Sound

Featured Replies

today when I drove the car..

just after I did a hard brake from around 80 to 30km/h I heard a weird sound from hehind..

I have problems describing the sound because of the lack of my english knowlegde..

but I can only describe it as if you lower your car too much and hitting a speed dump or something..

and it's like if my wheel is not in center and hitting the chassis 1 time every cycle..

 

if I drive slow in 1. gear I can't hear it..

the faster I drive the faster the sound is..

the sound is only there when I accelerate.. I can clutch.. or just give a tiny bit of throttle without accelerate and the sound disapers..

the sound is getting louder if I give much throttle..

 

I jack up the rear of the car.. full throttle.. in every gear.. and there is no sound.. only when I'm driving..

 

possible failures I think it might be:

diff?

tailshaft X?

tailshaft rubber thingy?

axleshaft?

rear wheel bearing?

 

what do you guys think can be the problem? what should I start to check?

 

I'm starting the get tired of things that goes wrong every damn time I'm driving it.. #¤%:lmao:

Edited by David

  • Author

yeah.. my friend is 99% sure it's the diff too... but I hope not!

4.7:1 and 1.5way LSD isn't very cheap :lmao:

I guess I have to drive with the locked ke70 rear axle while I rebuild my current one

I will take a look tomorrow.. I just hope it's something cheap that broke!! :sigh:

a clunk that gets faster as you drive

sounds like it could be any of those things

  • Author

I got my friend that works as a mechanics to find out what it was..

he says it's a bearing that has broken.. 99% sure it's the inner/outer rear wheel bearing

and he also says it's broken because of too stiff springs and too hard driving =) but hey.. that car gotta be used

 

that is actually good news... I was worried about if I had to buy a new diff and lsd :(

I guess I'll change every single bearing in the rear axle at the same time.. so I don't have to change it in a couple of years or so.. ;)

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.