Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Weber Just Not Cricket Ol'Boy

Featured Replies

I like to introduce myself.My name is Warren and the handle name is sprucedup. I was given a 1987 Toyota corolla sedan with AE82 engine.

With a larger bore from 1.6 litre and now runs maybe as a 2.6 litre. I have a Weber DGV32/36 a number of issues have arisen. Had professionals tune it but it was waste of money. Now I don't know how to explain this but I will do the best I can. On top where the choke holes are,I don't know the name of them, they replaced these jets from 145 to 170 Primary and the secondary 140 to 180 now the ones in the bowl,whatever you call them to, 127 to 135 Primary and 132 to 135 Secondary.The power and running isn't right especially if you going up a steep hill and the idling I cannot stop or slow the engine down with the mixture screw, the one at the back of the carby. Can anyone assist me to get it back to a state of equilibrium. I am happy to buy new jets but which way I can go? I understand this is over the net, but I am not going to spend anymore money for so call professionals.Your assistance will be gratefully appreciated. Thank you.

Edited by sprucedup

I like to introduce myself.My name is Warren and the handle name is sprucedup. I was given a 1987 Toyota corolla sedan with AE82 engine.

With a larger bore from 1.6 litre and now runs maybe as a 2.6 litre. I have a Weber DGV32/36 a number of issues have arisen. Had professionals tune it but it was waste of money. Now I don't know how to explain this but I will do the best I can. On top where the choke holes are,I don't know the name of them, they replaced these jets from 145 to 170 Primary and the secondary 140 to 180 now the ones in the bowl,whatever you call them to, 127 to 135 Primary and 132 to 135 Secondary.The power and running isn't right especially if you going up a steep hill and the idling I cannot stop or slow the engine down with the mixture screw, the one at the back of the carby. Can anyone assist me to get it back to a state of equilibrium. I am happy to buy new jets but which way I can go? I understand this is over the net, but I am not going to spend anymore money for so call professionals.Your assistance will be gratefully appreciated. Thank you.

 

those are air correction jets. they stop overfueling in the higher rev range

 

 

the jetting your running sounds very small for a 1.6L I'm running

 

140 mains 160secs

150 main air correction jets and 195 secs air correction

50 pri 55 sec idle jets

 

thats for a tickled 4k

 

 

go down to autobarn and buy a autometer air fuel gauge for $150. buy a 02 bung from ebay. get it welded in your exhaust and do your own tuning like me and mr altezzaclub are doing

I think it would be umm...impossible to bore, even stroke a 4A to 2.6 bud. I would have thought a decent workshop would be able to tune your carby properly.

Sounds like a vaccum leak to me...

  • Author

I think it would be umm...impossible to bore, even stroke a 4A to 2.6 bud. I would have thought a decent workshop would be able to tune your carby properly.

I may have interrupt about what they spoke of that the engine wasn't standard and to hone the bore to fit larger pistons.thicker rings with the new pistons.Would that be right of explaining? It maybe in the correct term, a 2 litre but definitely not a 1.6litre. Alot of work done on it. Engine was stripped down and fully rebuilt and not the same size pistons and thicker rings were brought.Weber carby put on it but it was a dgas which I have for sale anyway. This was taken off and a DGV placed on.The issues of professionalism is they didn't know what they were doing or didn't want to do it properly. Anyway, I thank you all for replying and being courteous in my lack of my requests.

  • Author

Sounds like a vaccum leak to me...

Replaced all vaccum hoses. The mechanics put it together but as previous replies from others, I just don't think they knew what they were doing on webers. I thank you all for replying and being courteous in my lack of understanding in my requests.

  • Author

those are air correction jets. they stop overfueling in the higher rev range

 

 

the jetting your running sounds very small for a 1.6L I'm running

 

140 mains 160secs

150 main air correction jets and 195 secs air correction

50 pri 55 sec idle jets

 

thats for a tickled 4k

 

 

go down to autobarn and buy a autometer air fuel gauge for $150. buy a 02 bung from ebay. get it welded in your exhaust and do your own tuning like me and mr altezzaclub are doing

Your reply was very helpful in relaying to the changes the mechanics have done. In considering the above reply, I will look at changing the jets. I am just a little dense and ask if you can clarify the following:When you mention mains, 'those are in the bowl." Is that correct? and when you mention air corrections jets those are in the top'Is that correct?

 

I thank you all for replying and being courteous in my lack of understanding in my requests.

Your reply was very helpful in relaying to the changes the mechanics have done. In considering the above reply, I will look at changing the jets. I am just a little dense and ask if you can clarify the following:When you mention mains, 'those are in the bowl." Is that correct? and when you mention air corrections jets those are in the top'Is that correct?

 

I thank you all for replying and being courteous in my lack of understanding in my requests.

 

mains mean primary jets things in the fuel bowl.

 

correction jets are on the top near the chokes

 

http://freespace.virgin.net/tommy.sandham/weber.htm

 

http://www.vw-resource.com/jets.html

 

some weber links you should have a good read through to understand how they work

 

great info even some jetting for 1.5L

  • Author

Your reply was very helpful in relaying to the changes the mechanics have done. In considering the above reply, I will look at changing the jets. I am just a little dense and ask if you can clarify the following:When you mention mains, 'those are in the bowl." Is that correct? and when you mention air corrections jets those are in the top'Is that correct?

 

I thank you all for replying and being courteous in my lack of understanding in my requests.

 

I understand the placement and where the Main jets and the Air correction, but Where are these in the carby which you speak about? 50 pri 55 sec idle jets

go down to autobarn and buy a autometer air fuel gauge for $150. buy a 02 bung from ebay. get it welded in your exhaust and do your own tuning like me and mr altezzaclub are doing

Every now and then AEM wideband a/f gauge setups appear on eBay for $180. The autometer ones are narrowband which is more than fine for a non boosted setup. Also altezzaclub uses a jaycar setup doesn't he? Which is another good setup if your handy with a soldering iron.

Have you spoken to a carburetor specialist? Not a mechanic shop a shop that only rebuilds carbys. I got a needle setup for my old su's that the shop said would be close then spent a half day with the sensor up it and got it pretty damn close.

Stu.

I understand the placement and where the Main jets and the Air correction, but Where are these in the carby which you speak about? 50 pri 55 sec idle jets

 

 

idle jets

post-8435-077065600 1301382672_thumb.jpg

on each side of the carby

 

air correction jets

post-8435-040980800 1301382743_thumb.jpg

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.