My Ke55- The Bog.

ae824ate

Its running great after the carby rebuild. Still gutless and a bit of a miss when warmed up, but its smooth and she idles now. One more thing done. The throttle cable lug broke getting it off, just clamped the cable with a bolt for now.

Edited by ae824ate

Members dont see this ad
  • 3 weeks later...

Update time! Heater core was f@$ked and leaking (why it wasnt connected), sourced another one and its sweet now. Found more rust yay, found the vacuum leak to the distributor, so its running 1000 times better now, still missing at a warm idle, but ive got another carby to put on it when i get time. Picked up some wheels today, wrapped with them.! Sit nicely in the guards, and ill look at lowering it soon. Let me know what ya think. Crappy photo's, ill get more soon. Cheers, Luke.

post-5959-048978000 1305101194_thumb.jpg post-5959-055174500 1305101270_thumb.jpg

post-5959-007679100 1305101562_thumb.jpg

Edited by ae824ate

The word overrated gets thrown around too much. Its far from overrated man, trust me. But i reckon the whels look grouse, makes it look like a different car. f@$k keeping it original, I'm gonna make this old girl shine!! Its stressing me too much to keep it original. Planning body work/paint job, schmick interior, and perhaps a NA 13B, or 12a turbo. We will see what happens.

Plans for now- Save some coin, get out of debt, splurge on the corolla. Then buy an Aristo :yes: My dream car.

• 1 month later...

Bit of an update me thinks. Started sorting the rust issues, but i work a stupid amount of hours and had to dodgey some of it for now. Repairs and welding have been done before (in pics)It is still in daily use, split top radiator hose replaced, fuel filter replaced, cooling system flushed and new coolant, new oil and filter etc. Really craving more power, looking at a few little things, weber/solex and a tighe 104 grind, electric dizzy maybe. Still, I'm not going to fart around with a 4k too much, just want it a bit more pleasant to drive. The $ to hp ratio isnt worth it. Had some spare time today and decided to muck around and polish my rocker cover came up brilliant! Pics don't do it justice, and this was before anoter 3 rounds of autosol.

post-5959-0-82687100-1308462474_thumb.jpg

post-5959-0-10057600-1308463282_thumb.jpg

post-5959-0-53018000-1308463050_thumb.jpg

post-5959-0-51885600-1308463123_thumb.jpg

Edited by ae824ate

Mate if i had the coin to throw around at the moment i would, i know its not a big job. Thanks for you interest man, not sure how this old girl is gonna turn out yet. She is giving me alot of greif, and i don't appreciate finding more rust, and more problems that were covered up! Pissin me off.

Sad to hear about all the dramas & issues that seem to have plagued you with this ride :(

However you seem to be getting on top of it all, maybe not as quickly as you'd like but... :y: :D You've also done a great job tidying her up, cam cover looks schweeeeet & it sounds like your daughter would be quite upset with you if you were to get rid of it :laff:

Rust is a bitch :yes: "Ahh there's only a little bit there..... *grind* WTF?!?!" is something along the lines of how it goes? :lol:

• 5 weeks later...