What Kind Of K Head Is This?

Oh-KE

Hey, just wondering if someone would identify this K series head for me? Is it a ke70 4k head maybe? It has a fair few differences to my ke55 4k and I have circled some of them..

Any help would be good as I am trying to figure out weather this head is worth cleaning up or not...

IMG_2991.jpg

IMG_2992.jpg

Thanks.

Members dont see this ad

That lower thermostat housing (circled)is an early ke70 unit, Nov 81 to Sept 83

as it has those vacuum ports like mine has. As Evan pointed out there are threaded

holes for egr in the head itself, but its not a 5k head. That is a 4k head from a km20 Toyota Liteace as it was fitted with "air injection" which was run off an airpump. As opposed to

an egr valve local ke70 4ks had.

• Upvote 2

That lower thermostat housing (circled)is an early ke70 unit, Nov 81 to Sept 83

as it has those vacuum ports like mine has. As Evan pointed out there are threaded

holes for egr in the head itself, but its not a 5k head. That is a 4k head from a km20 Toyota Liteace as it was fitted with "air injection" which was run off an airpump. As opposed to

an egr valve local ke70 4ks had.

The 5k i have has a similar style head. And it came with the air injection crap, except for the air pump.

The 5k i have has a similar style head. And it came with the air injection crap, except for the air pump.

Spot on, all the commercial vehicles assembled in Japan were equipped with that type

of emission setup. The old km20 Liteace we owned had the belt driven airpump disconnected

but somehow the vacuum through the air injection ports caused the belt pulley to spin..

• 2 weeks later...

Spot on, all the commercial vehicles assembled in Japan were equipped with that type

of emission setup. The old km20 Liteace we owned had the belt driven airpump disconnected

but somehow the vacuum through the air injection ports caused the belt pulley to spin..

Has anyone used this pump to create a vacum in the sump ?