Ke36 4K Conversion

hey guys,

I recently bought a ke36 panelvan to drive as a daily when i finally get my license back next month, it runs well but i wouldn't mind a little bit more power. One of my mates has a ke70 wagon and is about to get started on a 4age conversion so I'm thinkming about giving him a hundred bucks or so for his 4k motor and everything i need for the conversion. I realise the 1.3 litre isnt going to give me a hell of a lot more power but it will certainly go a bit better than the old 3k and i can't afford a conversion that will require a shitload of expensive changes to the ke.

therefore, my question is: How hard will the 4k conversion be and what modifications will be needed to complete the swap?

any help/advice would be greatly appreciated as i'm pretty new at this, cheers, steve

Members dont see this ad

No modificatipns neccessary. Pull out 3K label every linkage you disconnect if you feel you arent comfortable with remembering where everything goes. And 4K sits right in.

I found the first time i did a conversion was that it is better to take out the gearbox with the engine, is often a pain to line up gearbox and engine while gearbox is still in car. Just a tip.

Cheers Jordan.

^^^^^

And the Thermostat Housing and the Water Pump. You will need to change those items from your 3K onto the 4K. We had this problem with mine on Ollie dropping in a KE70 4K.

Everything else is fine, and absolutely dead easy. ;)

Josh :cool:

• 3 months later...