Ae82 Carby Change

ausca62

Hi Guys, I have an AE82 running a 4A m/t and I want to piss off the anti pollution gear. Has anybody done a carby change and what did you use? This car is only a fill in race car till I get my KE20 back on the road so I don't want to spend big bucks. I don't mind making an adapter plate of even a new intake manifold just want to know what works. Any help much appreciated. Cheers Paul.

post-5916-082352400 1303204208_thumb.jpg

post-5916-047311600 1303204237_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
Members dont see this ad

NEED HELP...............I raced last weekend and got my ass kicked. I want to piss off all the polution gear. There is 2 vac pipes to the vac advance on the dizzy Whats the difference between the 2 and which one do I use when using a different carby. Cheers Paul.

post-5916-0-38778400-1306313420_thumb.jpg

post-5916-0-51869400-1306313479_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I don't mind making an adapter plate of even a new intake manifold just want to know what works. Any help much appreciated. Cheers Paul.

anything will work if you are willing to do the above.

bigger carby prolly wont do too much without a better exhaust and maybe a camshaft though?

either way, have a look at a simple downdraft webber perhaps?

get it jetted for your engine, make that adaptor plate, and you'll be laughin.

you could always get a nikki carby off one of the old mazdas (626 i think had them), make the adaptor plate, be an improvement over the aisin thing. the nikkis came on heaps of cars, so you can prolly find one off something about 1.6L, may not have to change the jets then;)