Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rust Removal

Featured Replies

Hey guys I've been looking on the forum tonight and i can't find anything about rust removal,

 

I know this is a grey area as to liability but i have some rust appearing in the body work at this stage it is minor but don't want it getting bigger as i like my rolla's body, its a ke30 4 door in white does anyone one know anybody who would be willing to take a look at it, its my daily driver so i can get it to just about anywhere in Melbourne for someone to have a look

 

Id be willing for a panel beater maybe to do it in his spare time i have another car so its not a problem to be with out the car payed in cash

 

Thanks :kiwi:

Hey guys I've been looking on the forum tonight and i can't find anything about rust removal,

 

I know this is a grey area as to liability but i have some rust appearing in the body work at this stage it is minor but don't want it getting bigger as i like my rolla's body, its a ke30 4 door in white does anyone one know anybody who would be willing to take a look at it, its my daily driver so i can get it to just about anywhere in Melbourne for someone to have a look

 

Id be willing for a panel beater maybe to do it in his spare time i have another car so its not a problem to be with out the car payed in cash

 

Thanks :kiwi:

I had some rust done by a shop in Sunshine, recommended by a friend. Claimed they did amazing work. Place was called "Complete Collision Care" a panel beater who did this and that with different things. I took my KE55 Coupe in asked for the rust to be removed. At first it appeared to be an amazing job, as time passed, I noticed bits and pieces that were poorly done. I would not recommend you go to them :)

 

Ewt, a member on here, has recommended a place called "Avondale (Not sure on spelling) Panel Repairs" or something like that.

 

Cheers, Jake.

Edited by mhmills

I had some rust done by a shop in Sunshine,

 

There's your problem....:laff: The majority of panle/paint shops around this area are the insurance work only types, the remains are small operators that can be a hit & miss affair in regards to quality of work.

 

There was only the one place I could've recommended you go to, unfortunately the owner has since closed the business due to retirement.

 

Worst case scenario - wire brush, power drill, rust converter & pressure pack primer?

There's your problem....:laff: The majority of panle/paint shops around this area are the insurance work only types, the remains are small operators that can be a hit & miss affair in regards to quality of work.

 

There was only the one place I could've recommended you go to, unfortunately the owner has since closed the business due to retirement.

 

Worst case scenario - wire brush, power drill, rust converter & pressure pack primer?

 

Only went there on recommendation from a mate who knows his stuff. However, I was disappointed in the end result and WILL NOT be returning for any work what so ever.

Nothing personal, just couldnt help myself with a dig at Sunshine :wink:

It's always worse than you think. I hit a couple of tiny holes on my AE86 recently with a wire cup brush, and they grew. Not too bad, but on an otherwise immaculate shell....

 

Anyway, I finally went out and bought some gas for the Mig.

  • 2 weeks later...

Pics of said rust?

Do you plan on respraying the whole car? What is your budget?

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.