Ke55Coupe Brake Upgrade

Duj3la

looking to piss off the drums in the rear which i saw a r31 diff with disc on it would do but lookin for some options for probably 5 stud bigger rotors for the front/rear + bigger calipers

what would be a great set up

with out going broke lol

Members dont see this ad

Personally i prefer drums on the rear, they have a greater clamping force and lock better with a hydro brake.

Basically there isn't too many diffs you can put in that aren't going to cost much, as any diff you get will most likely need to be shortened ($1500~) and then having the mounts made to suit your car + handbrake cables and tailshaft.

And what's the reason for wanting 5 stud?

Basically the only 5 stud one's would be commonwhore and falcon one's. (which still might be drum)

A ta22 or t18 diff should be good enough for what you want and shouldn't really need to be shortened, just modified to fit your car.

Although those diffs are both drum and 4 stud.

Hilux diff has larger drums and has falcon 5 stud, needs to be shortened

you can either make or locate brackets to mount on the corolla diff and use Nissan Pintara disc setup,

need to trim the spigot and use suitable wheel bearings, can't commend on the handbrake cable however

Yeah there is hilux, but as it sounds like he doesn't want to spend much i didn't think it'd really be an option

Yeah true, when do you stop, haha

$350 - $400 to shorten the housing, respline an axel and graft the corolla mounting brackets to suit

Yeah true, when do you stop, haha

$350 - $400 to shorten the housing, respline an axel and graft the corolla mounting brackets to suit

Wow, where'd you get that price? I visited several places about just shortening and they ranged from $1400 to $2000 :blinks:

Wow, where'd you get that price? I visited several places about just shortening and they ranged from $1400 to $2000 :blinks:

Shite that seems expensive. I have estimates of about $1000 to shorten the housing, shorten and respline the axle and change the mounts. But the $1000 includes rebuilding my LSD centre.

Aussie diff shop on the gold coast did mine,

but mine adds up to about $1600 for disc to disc conversion, regeared LSD and purchase of the diff

*edit $400 for a supplied VN diff shortened to suit a Gemini, food for thought

Edited by NISROLA

Hi there,

I have been told that a RN25 HiLux diff is the correct length to fit a corolla (do not know if this is true or not and or even if the springs would locate with the spring hangers on the RN25 Hilux diff.

If you are going to but a Hilux diff in I would suggest going for a late model Hilux diff as these diff housings are made from thicker material. As for the brackets to bolt the R31 calipers to a Hilux diff you have 2 options; 1st being for a 270mm disc and the 2nd being for a 300mm disc. (If you are after these brackets I can arrange for these to be laser cut, just send me a PM)

For the front brakes there are many different options that you can do, the most common is the Hilux/pug/corona (but this is a 4 stud setup) just have a bit of a search.

Just a tip, have a chat to an engineer before you spend any money.

All the best

I can vouch for the pug/hilux and corona coil over combo, works a treat,

the diff, i just told them what i want and yeah was done,

no pity on the gemini, many people have gone there and had the same thing, its a piss easy conversion watchin it done many times

pug / corona / hilux is a great upgrade for the front at minimal expense

if you have some good money to spend.. go the hoppers stoppers big brake kit which will give you 5 stud if you want it

rear axle - t-series rear end can be upgraded to rear discs...

or a skyline diff

or a hilux diff though the rn25 one is rare as rocking horse poo