May 9, 201115 yr comment_522858 Hi guys, I just bought a 82 Corolla KE70 a month ago. I have since changed the steering rack, absorbers, brake pump and some bushings. Now, another problem has cropped up. I have this jerk whenever the car is running on low rpm. It feels like there is a choke in the carburator. My mechanic checked everything - right from the ignition coil to spark plug cables. He even swapped a proton 1.3 carburator saying that its quite difficult to find one for the KE70 and its less hassle using the proton carb's. But, there is still jerk at 1000 to 2000 rpm. What could be the issue. I have told him to fix back my old carbs and send the car back as he is also in a daze what could be causing it. Can someone advice what could be the problem? Thank you. Report
May 9, 201115 yr comment_522890 Is this occuring when the engine is under load or when it is free reving? Hot or cold or even both? Personally i'd be putting the stock carby back on (obviously after a good checkover for leaks? blockages?). Something as small as a minor short in your ignition system, incorrect points gap, vacuum leak, polution hoses connected incorrectly........... the list goes on. I'd hate to say but this could be one of those trial and error situations. cheers phatke30! Edited May 9, 201115 yr by phatke30 Report
May 9, 201115 yr comment_522904 engine mounts? perhaps under load at such a low rpm, the engine is just surging... you should only really be in the kind of rpm range in first gear at take off. Report
May 10, 201115 yr comment_523174 But, there is still jerk at 1000 to 2000 rpm. What could be the issue. 1000 to 2000 rpm thats about where the vacuum advance kicks in. Report
May 11, 201115 yr Author comment_523332 Hi guys, I just bought a 82 Corolla KE70 a month ago. I have since changed the steering rack, absorbers, brake pump and some bushings. Now, another problem has cropped up. I have this jerk whenever the car is running on low rpm. It feels like there is a choke in the carburator. My mechanic checked everything - right from the ignition coil to spark plug cables. He even swapped a proton 1.3 carburator saying that its quite difficult to find one for the KE70 and its less hassle using the proton carb's. But, there is still jerk at 1000 to 2000 rpm. What could be the issue. I have told him to fix back my old carbs and send the car back as he is also in a daze what could be causing it. Can someone advice what could be the problem? Thank you. Report
May 11, 201115 yr Author comment_523334 Is this occuring when the engine is under load or when it is free reving? Hot or cold or even both? Personally i'd be putting the stock carby back on (obviously after a good checkover for leaks? blockages?). Something as small as a minor short in your ignition system, incorrect points gap, vacuum leak, polution hoses connected incorrectly........... the list goes on. I'd hate to say but this could be one of those trial and error situations. cheers phatke30! Report
May 11, 201115 yr comment_523335 My engine is jerky as hell at that rpm , but I have a biggest exhaust leak . Report
May 11, 201115 yr Author comment_523336 Hi phatke30, Thank u for your response. It jerk is on cold and hot condition. The jerk is only when on load or moving condition. The mechanic has fixed back my original carbs. Also I noticed today while driving on gradual climb road that the rpm does not want to go beyond 4000, at 3rd gear. I am pressing the oil three quarter down but I is just there. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now