Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

My Ke30 Rebuild

Featured Replies

  • Author

got the corolla out of the shed and into the carport today so that it will be easier to get straight onto the trailer when we move.

post-12943-0-66301800-1340108312_thumb.jpg

post-12943-0-03413300-1340108353_thumb.jpg

post-12943-0-60846300-1340108393_thumb.jpg

 

and chookie loves the rolla already (if shes lucky enough and if i still have it when she gets her lisence i might be nice and give it to her lol)

post-12943-0-29867900-1340108431_thumb.jpg

post-12943-0-12400100-1340108476_thumb.jpg

  • 10 months later...
  • Replies 122
  • Views 165.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Author

Hey guys. obviously I havn't had an update for quite a while due to not having any time to do anything to the old girl. pulled most of the front end out today so heres some pics.post-12943-0-65634200-1367560709_thumb.jpgpost-12943-0-61040600-1367560714_thumb.jpgpost-12943-0-50973200-1367560720_thumb.jpgpost-12943-0-83468100-1367560726_thumb.jpgpost-12943-0-51289400-1367560741_thumb.jpgpost-12943-0-83464100-1367560746_thumb.jpg. I am also going to be pulling the whole radiator sapport off and replacing it because even though I straightened it out as much as I could it still looks like shit. oh and changed my mind on engine, I've decided to go with a 13b rotary twin turbo

  • Author

oh and any ideas on what I can do to make the car heavier so that it will be legal to put on the road with the 13b would be great, please only serious responses.

I'm not entirely sure on the rules but, I am fairly sure they use the original vehicle weight for the most heavy model from a book they have.

Only way you could possibly get away with it is a half chassis

Edited by towe001

  • Author

where would I go to find out the rules on that sort of shit?

http://www.infrastructure.gov.au/roads/vehicle_regulation/bulletin/pdf/NCOP3_Section_LA_Engine_01jan2011_v3.pdf

 

That should cover most of the stuff you need to know, main thing for conversions is on page 11, it explains the CC's to Kg ratios and all that. There were some changes done in Nov Lat year but I copuldnt find any updated documents regarding engine conversions so i'm guess they didn't change anything regarding conversions.

  • Author

cheers bud, from the looks of that I should be able to do the conversion

  • 1 month later...
  • Author

started putting bonnet scoops on today, looks awesome so farpost-12943-0-47221000-1372749209_thumb.jpg

  • 1 year later...
  • Author

I have been looking into my options for a diff conversion and by the looks of it my best option would be pintara diff, funnily enough my pintara blew its headgasket :) time to rip the diff out lol. also would it be a good idea to take the front end gear off the pintara and put it on my ke30 (better braking/steering maybe????) any sugestions

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Got my new headlights yesterday, Very happy with them

post-12943-0-69432000-1416098709_thumb.jpg

post-12943-0-78456300-1416098713_thumb.jpg

  • 2 months later...

Looking great mate,^^^^^ was really hoping this was an old unused thread so i could skip ahead and see the finished car! ;)

 

Gonna look really good when she's done. will you be painting it the same colour as the rocker cover and sump?- will look interesting if the car is green and spider web silver, bUuuuuuuuUUt.....

 

I would make a suggestion of painting the car black, and having the web the green colour you chose. seeing as the engine bay is already black, and I reckon the whole car would look alot tougher, and especially with those wheels.

  • Author

Thanks mate, yeah have changed plans, that engine wont be going in. I'm wanting to put a sr20det in and the colour will be black with a couple of my drawings up each side at some point.

Here is a pic on the progress on one of the drawing

post-12943-0-21425700-1422440453_thumb.jpggs.

The other side will be a demon

So whats happening with the 5k + 5spd?

 

Love to see this finished

  • Author

So whats happening with the 5k + 5spd?

 

Love to see this finished

Sold the 5k mate, and so would i but we are going through some financial problems at the moment but it will get there

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.