Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

7K Draw Through Turbo

Featured Replies

Hi guys I am still doing plenty of research, but would like to know what you guys would think of doing a draw through turbo setup on a 7k similar to this picture below which is on a nissan L20.

And what sort of power figures I would be capable of achieving with standard internals (depending if I can afford to go forged), mild cam to suite, head work, tuned dellorto 40 dhla side draft, gt28 turbo, max boost of 12psi and full exhaust system. please help me out :thumbsup:

post-12289-034586400 1305373418_thumb.jpg

Like this setup?

Petes_KE25_Turbo_Corolla_8.jpg

 

Running a 42DCOE and unknown Garret turbo. Runs around 5psi and boots!

  • Author

Hey SLO-030 thanks for that I have actually watched the clips of this engine on youtube runs great would like to chat with the owner about it.

 

And yeah the setup will be pretty much the same, but I would like to find a cheap 45 or 48DCOE I think one of those would work really well when tuned correctly just as they are that little bit less restrictive.

 

this is the engine bay I have to work in its pretty neat and tidy so it should look real nice once its done also its in a 1970 ke11 so it should really get it moving along :dance:

 

post-12289-068266700 1305435949_thumb.jpg post-12289-051141600 1305436098_thumb.jpg

Edited by pol090_ke11

i that a gilmor belt drive i see in last pic .. love the turbo setup in red engine bay is that a member on this site

Yep the drawthru setup in the orange bay is KETURBO25

  • Author

Yes that is a gilmer drive pulley setup it sounds pretty awesome and it looks pretty sweet, hope KETURBO25 finds this topic and has some info about there setup.

Thought I would post this as it is midly on-topic haha

 

I got the same gilmer drive from endeavour engineering in NZ, shipped and paid for into Australia to my door for $400. Its worth it haha, sounds awesome!

  • Author

Got mine from the same place was happy with it but the holes did not align with the water pump and the belt they sent was to small so that was a bit of a pain.

 

On the original topic what turbo would be best to use on this setup? Price around $500

  • Author

ok yeah didn't realize that they would have to be but, now if i can find a blow through side draft carby I think ill do that as I can run a intercooler and blow off valve.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.