Advice

I have a 1975 Toyota Corolla KE30 2 Door, and it's been off the road for about a year and a half. I'm about to re-register it, but I need to know a few things. I think I need my brakes replaced; what brakes do I get (size and such) and how much do they cost? When a car has been off the road for 18 months, do I need someone to check it, to make sure it's roadworthy? I was driving it fine before I stopped driving the car, just want to know what will/needs to be done? Thanks.

Members dont see this ad

I'd be changing the brake fluid and bleeding the brake system.

Sitting for a year and a half, you'd more than likely have moisture in the system.

Other than that, service it with new oil, oil filter, plugs, points if need be and go get it registered.

No roadworthy inspections in SA as yet ;)

I'd be changing the brake fluid and bleeding the brake system.

Sitting for a year and a half, you'd more than likely have moisture in the system.

Other than that, service it with new oil, oil filter, plugs, points if need be and go get it registered.

No roadworthy inspections in SA as yet ;)

Lucky buggers. How does it work in SA? I'm interested, cos here its all different. I think most states are.

Also, suspension wise; I am thinking of installing new suspension, and was thinking of having it lowered a bit. What's the legal height for KE30 Corolla's, and how much does a lowered suspension cost?

And I'm not doing the suspension myself, going to a workshop for that..

Edited by Corolla KE30

Legal height would be the same as any other passenger vehicle in your state. Check with your authorities guidelines, I'm in Vic so can't help you with South Australia. Google is your friend :) Or jono1986 might be able to point you in the right direction :wink:

Edited by carbonboy