May 19, 201115 yr comment_525281 well guys looking at getting some new wheels and tyres for my rig. I'm getting some 33x12.5x15 tyres. just wondering if anyone knows whether it would be better to run 15x8 or 15x9 or 15x10? can you even get a 15x9? cheers tom Report
May 19, 201115 yr comment_525290 well guys looking at getting some new wheels and tyres for my rig. I'm getting some 33x12.5x15 tyres. just wondering if anyone knows whether it would be better to run 15x8 or 15x9 or 15x10? can you even get a 15x9? cheers tom What car are you planning on sticking these rims on? what ride height are you planning on running with the rims? most importantly what offset are you running with the rims? Will Guard flaring be an option for you? This is a pretty frigin broad question, more clarity and we could give you a better answer Report
May 19, 201115 yr comment_525298 What car are you planning on sticking these rims on? what ride height are you planning on running with the rims? most importantly what offset are you running with the rims? Will Guard flaring be an option for you? This is a pretty frigin broad question, more clarity and we could give you a better answer Obviously a 4x4, and he was talking about the tyre size, and the appropriate rim sizing. Well my mates brother has 33 inch muddies on his cruiser, 12 inch wide on a 10 inch wide rim. Might be the same profile as your tyres, dunno. Fkn expensive things lol. And no, guard flaring shouldnt be a problem :lol: , and it should be pretty friggin high :lol: Edited May 19, 201115 yr by ae824ate Report
May 19, 201115 yr comment_525312 I'm pretty sure 33's foul on cruiser steering gear anything remotely to lock, Inner front of the front guards are a problem depending on the profile of the tire run and the body lift. If you had a patrol on the other hand this should work out no worries even with a 15x9 and 33's. Pajero's also have issues clearing some aspects of larger rims and tires. My assumption on the first post was a corolla (didn't even bother to look at the tire size after i seen rim dimensions) after all this is a corolla forum....... not 4x4adventure. Report
May 19, 201115 yr Author comment_525319 well after all i asked in the automotive discussion which is general mechanical. and yes its on a 4x4 haha but I'm not starting an argument over this. ill just go join a 4x4 forum and ask there cheers anyways. and its a hilux with a 2 inch just for the record. Report
May 19, 201115 yr comment_525338 I'm pretty sure 33's foul on cruiser steering gear anything remotely to lock, Inner front of the front guards are a problem depending on the profile of the tire run and the body lift. If you had a patrol on the other hand this should work out no worries even with a 15x9 and 33's. Pajero's also have issues clearing some aspects of larger rims and tires. My assumption on the first post was a corolla (didn't even bother to look at the tire size after i seen rim dimensions) after all this is a corolla forum....... not 4x4adventure. Nah mate, its an FJ40 SWB, raised 4", and no troubles with the wheel size/width at all. Even before the lift, he ran huge rocky tires. Its got a 351 clevo V8 in it, soon to be twin turbo'd running a C4 auto and custom (homemade) transfer. don't believe me? Ill see him tomorrow and get some pics for you. Sorry to jack the thread :huh: Report
May 19, 201115 yr comment_525347 I was referring to fj40 - fj80 series cruisers in re regards to clearance in the steering components with larger tire and rim combo's. Lets keep the 12 year old comments in your threads shall we. Report
May 20, 201115 yr comment_525385 I was referring to fj40 - fj80 series cruisers in re regards to clearance in the steering components with larger tire and rim combo's. Lets keep the 12 year old comments in your threads shall we. In what way was that a childish comment? I was stating that there were mo steering clearance issues with a FJ series cruiser running that size of muddies, and asking if you want some pics because you were "pretty sure" they wouldnt fit. Report
May 20, 201115 yr comment_525492 G`day mate, I run 10.50 x 15 x 31`s on my landcruiser and they are on the recommended size rims of 8 inch. I`m not sure why you want to run 33`s meaning is it for comp work or just plain looks. I`ve been around comps for a while now, (not as a competitor) and most that I have seen that are using 33`s are putting them on 8 inch, but some use 10 inch with beadlocks. I think that your best bet is to have a chat to a reputable tyre dealer and ask those who know what the actual rim sizes should be. Just remember that the wallopers love picking on 4wd`s with oversize tyres. Cheers and good luck. Report
May 20, 201115 yr comment_525574 i bought my rims recently, running 35 inch tyres, twelve inches wide on a 16 x 8 rim. was advised 10 inch wide rims would be worse, as mud and sticks more easily get pushed into your bead, also wider wheels are more prone to tyres rolling off the rim. Report
May 20, 201115 yr comment_525609 what he said^^ if your getting them to actually go 4wding, go the 8's. if you just wanna look cool, go the 10s alloys are better for holding the bead than steel wheels. but ive got 35s and run them as low as 8psi on my 3 tonne patrol to get out of a situation, and it still didnt roll the bead. the wider you go, the more effort you have to put in to pushing the tyre out onto the bead, so in a side load situation with low pressure, its more inclined to drag itself off. Report
May 29, 201115 yr Author comment_527745 Alright cheers guys good info! And no don't worry not just for looks, but not for Comp either, haven't been around 4x4 for long so still learning. Maybe I'll go for a 31 instead because I'm going for more recreational 4x4 I'm mainly trying to go wider because I think that's what kills me on current tyres. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now