Rad Red. Mmm Twincam!

KENut

So this is my new car, will be using it for daily duties and maybe a bit of fun on the side

IMG_0491.jpg

IMG_0490.jpg

Not too exciting atm...

Specs:

stocko bigport

Monroe gas shocks

Pedders low springs (dunno what specs are?)

cat back exhaust

Its replacing my KE70;

IMG_0226.jpg

This had a worked 4k on twin dellortoes, coilovers, loud exhaust, the usual stuff.

Made for a fun everyday car!

So my plan for the AE82 is to make it a fun daily, because at the moment its crushing my soul :)

Its approx 10-15km slower than the KE thru an 80km roundabout, and has a lot more body roll!

So thats where I'll start.

I'm thinking

Good tyres, maybe re001

castor bushes

front camber bolts

a decent wheel alignment

rear swaybar

Thanks for looking! Feel free to comment/ lol/ feed me some ideas etc

Edited by KENut

Members dont see this ad

First on making this a fun car was to ad a loud and obnoxious exhaust;

IMG_0518.jpg

Check!

Exhaust is 2 inch (or maybe 2 1/4) from the cat to a hot dog then to this cannon (which was in the boot when I bought it). Pretty homo but eh its an ae82.

Nice daily... love the "custom" plates :lol:

Ta, have some more to use haha!

Ouch! :lol:

Nice ride, love the plates! :wink:

Thanks! I've been watching your thread pretty closely, mines got rust too!

It'll get there :)

Can't wait to see how it progresses.

Welcome to the world of front wheel drive!

Indeed, although I'm trying to restrain myself from going overboard :rolls:

Definately handles better than my last fwd, which had a tendency to understeer then snap oversteer :lolcry:

^ Lol that would be great, and definately leave the GSi decal haha

So the other day I repaired a couple of rust sections, the main one being the rear passenger guard. There was a lovely rust hole covered with electrical tape!

So I cut that out, repaired the inner wheel well (rusted thru both) then made up a new bit and welded it in.

Rezult:

IMG_0522.jpg

IMG_0521.jpg

No before or progress shots sorry! Need to fix that bumper and repaint the fuel lid :yes:

Theres another 5 or 6 rust bits to repair, hopefully I'll get them done soon

Thanks sloth I'll pm you pics!

I started cleaning this today, engine bay came up ok so I'll show you lads the powerhouse. That and everyone loves photos!

IMG_0540.jpg

Still need to cut/polish/wax everything. I have OCD tendencies when it comes to a clean engine bay lol

And then I got bored... Tried my hand at light painting

IMG_0571.jpg

For some reason when I resized it, it chucked a skitz so the exposure looks wrong.. its not tho

• 2 weeks later...

Roight, small update. Spent this morning prepping the car for tomorrows hillclimb! Should be bags of fun, my first time out there.

Put in a fire extinguisher, blue triangle, got myself a helmet, and checked the car over.

Also put on a black windscreen banner, courtesy of Devine Digital (http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/forumdisplay.php/104-Devine-Digital-Custom-Stickers).

I did this to stop early morning and late afternoon glare. Works a treat so far!

Just checked out the window banners that guy makes, seems like they would be pretty cool, I'll check yours out tomorrow and if I like it I might order one for the KE70 and one for the Shitegra (I'm thinking some crazy Jap writing that says something silly like "understeer king" or "front window" or "Honda").

Will be good to see the red twinky hit the track!

Hahaha yeah I like understeer king :yes: . Pretty happy with the quality of it, bit of a pain to trim to size and fit though. Probably the best way to put it on would have been with a water spray bottle to get all the bubbles out, I didnt do that haha