'75 Ke30

Kid-Ae

Saturday saw the addition of a second Corolla to the Harvey household, in that of a Purple Ke30 two door sedan! laugh.gif

Comes with NO RUST (not even any under the spare wheel).yes.gif

4k instead of the stock 3k. (HUGE power increase..) no.gif

Jellybean mags with locknuts and two good tires, only the fronts need replacing.

Spares:

Bootlid (nothing wrong with current one?)

Instrument cluster

Four spare stockies with stuffed tires.

Dash Fascia

Original AM radio

Driver door rubber

Tailights

Front indicator lenses

Indicator relay

Interior bits and pieces

Chrome trims

HEAPS MORE! Basically the boot is full and so is the interior with the spares it's come with.

Plans?

- Sand the ONLY surface rust on the paint and primer and respray it with a rattle can, simply for rust protection.

- Bleed the brakes and replace the brake hoses (there is zero fluid in the brakes..)

- Replace front tires

- Replace indicator relay

- Find new caps for brake and clutch master cylinder

- Replace instrument cluster fascia and instrument cluster (much nicer one that hasn't been chopped comes with it).

- Install (but not wire up) AM radio

- Adjust passenger door as it sags slightly.

- Raise car and check bushes/rubbers

- Replace dash pad

-Send for a RWC and see what else needs doing.

Long term plans?

- Respray in original colour.

- Detail the crap out of everything

- Whitewalls

- Enjoy yes.gif

Just a few pics for now, will get more tomorrow when I get to working on it :D

post-5321-0-80064500-1306657137_thumb.jpg

post-5321-0-56667900-1306657227_thumb.jpg

post-5321-0-02384400-1306657292_thumb.jpg

Edited by ROLLA'BOY

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Switched the steering wheel today to a 3-spoke wheel (factory fitted from later models), looks the goods :)

Went and bought a brake bleeding kit in preparation for the day I get around to it yes.gif

How do I fix my indicators? They stay on rather than flashing, yet the parkers work fine?

Installed the driver door rubber the previous owner supplied with the car. Much nicer, but I know for sure now that BOTH front doors have sagging issues.. wallbash.gif

Anyone here need a ke55 dash fascia? I have a perfect one I'm willing to trade for an early ke30 dash fascia (two-piece) :)

Also on the lookout for the plastic for the rear pillars, want to get the interior and dash etc sorted before getting mechanical with the car. Engine runs well, needs a tune though.

Will post up pics tomorrow :)

So, it's either a fuse, a flasher or a relay for the issue with the lack of hazards AND indicators? Think indicators will be a flasher unit, as they just stay on, but have a spare stalk to test out the hazards :)

The sooner I sort out wiring the better! Hate it... Can't wait to get the interior sorted and begin on the rest of the roadworthy gear ;)

Cheers mate, will let you know when I find out doctors appointment times etc :)

Nah, car came with one of those as a spare, I'm after the early dash, two piece black one, mainly the piece with the cig lighter :)

Dunno about the emblem cause mine is hacked up and fuucked, last owner must've gone to town on it for a cd player or something? ohwells..

Yeah, I figured that just before.. wallbash.gif Still need a dash :(

Yar! That be the one! I'm contemplating just fabbing something up for now for the fun of it and see how it looks out of some 3mm mdf.

Tomorrow's big job (when I find the time) is to sort out the indicator BS and if I'm making good progress, bleed the front brakes for now until I can be bothered raising the rear and bleeding the rear brakes too (only thing stopping me taking it for a RWC, cause I'll crash and burn on the way there).

Forgot how much fun a car with a clutch is :)

Also need to pressure wash the engine bay AND the suspension gear to make it all sexy, then lube all the rubbers up to hopefully get a few borderline ones to pass the roady with ease. tongue.gif

Ideas? Suggestions?

Gunna grab some paint in the next week or so and fix as many of the oversprayed areas of the car where the previous owner just got too into spraying and not enough into covering parts..