Project Sti

4AC = AE71

i'm starting something new,i'm going to create a Sti, now likely in power wise,but in styling. i will hit the junk yards up for a wreaked sti hood and wing. i alrdy have a suppiler for the wheels but to me they don't look to much like Sti wheels, so if anybody can help me with that, i whould apperiate it. not sure if i will custom fit sti lights on the car.... i'll keep posting updates and soon get a digital cam.... oh yeah the car that i will be working on for this project... a 1983 toyota corolla. 4AGE engine swap coming soon... :D

Members dont see this ad

No, forget the 4A-GE and go for the 4A-GZE. That way you'd have a top mount intercooler so the scoop wouldn't be there for nothing. Plus you'd have extra grunt. :) It'll be interesting to see what the wing and scoop look like on the AE71 body. I imagine the lights will be quite difficult to do, but at least you'll get a very different looking car. Which model of STi are you trying to copy the look of?

EDIT: Post number 1,700!

Edited by ancullen

the thing now is the car havnt moved from my lot yet... i rather paln everything out first before i do anything. but want any parts or anything at that conflecting with eachother. car hasnt even had a oil change yet for the 4ac engine.

parts i've bought alrdy:

1988 4age fwd engine

wrx wing

parts needed/in the works:

4age conversion

STI hood scoop

wrx rear tail lights

2002 sti front lights

dash conversion to sti

if anyone can help me,most of u guys know what sti wheels look like,i need fakes to put on rolla. no car company in US i know of makes sti wheels for any 4 lug car,plz help ty

out of interest, what are you actually trying to achieve here? a corolla that has a wrx bar and wing on it, or an actual replica car that people will look at and think "hey an sti!" until they look closer?

i think the first option will just look silly. the body of a ke70 and the body of a wrx are very different in their curves and flows, or lines and flows as it would be on a ke70, it would be difficult/impossible to match up the different styles of boxy/round body parts so that it actually looks like it naturally fits. if you just want an sti but can't afford one, i would buy a cheap old rex or liberty and put sti bar and kit on it. it will look much more convincing and fitting, and probably pretty good in the end

the replica option is interesting, if not alot of work. much customisation and one-off parts will be required. here is something to inspire you:

0920jamboreeta22celicaferrari1-vi.jpg

at first look you think "oh yeah just another ferarri 308gt". but no, look closer, follow the roof lines and look at the rear quarter window. yes, inded it's just an old ta22 celica! i have also seen similar kits which turn a mazda mx5 into an aston martin

good luck with it

ps: as for your wheels, i would get some custom bolt-on wheel spacers made up, or find some you can buy through wheel shops, to change from 4x114.3 rwd offset to 5x100 fwd offset like a rex. then you could actually run real wrx/sti wheels to complete the look

something like this but different stud pattern

wheel_spacer_kit.jpg

these are legal for street use with an engineering certificate, not like a floating non-bolt-on spacer which is illegal no matter what

and you gotta paint it 555 blue with gold wheels :D