Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best Welder For "Weekend Hacker"

Featured Replies

  • 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 51
  • Views 95.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • I wouldn't waste your time trying unless you're pretty damn good with the stick welder. for the diameter tube you're talking about, you'll have a hard time getting it to weld without blowing holes and

Posted Images

  • Author

Hey Guys ,

 

So really thinking of getting a welder this week and I'm going to get a little tig for my manifolds and piping through my engine bay,

I've had my eye on this little 1, can get it a little bit cheaper than shown because its local pick up.

 

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/WeldSmart-200A-HF-Tig-Pulse-MMA-Arc-Inverter-Welder-/120674115427?pt=AU_Welding&hash=item1c18bcdf63

 

Thoughts?

I know its not Ac/Dc but I'm not paying a extra $1000 to weld aluminium .. I am buying a nice little mig to for body work etc.

Make sure you have access to 15A mains power.

 

I have the CIG 130 inverter and chose that over the 170A model due to having a 10A plug.

Don't stress too much, you can simply change the plug to a 10a item. Or file it down. Unless your welding at full current there should be no issues. At full current most likely you'll just trip the breaker.

 

Rollaclub does not condone said practices by the way Lol.

  • 2 weeks later...

you need to melt it a bit more :D you will get better with practise mate and get the tip as long and sharp as possible. Mainly just spend heaps of time practising and you will work it out eventually and youtube's good too sometimes

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.