Dizzy O-Ring Leaks

hey guys first post, apologizing in advance if this has been answered elsewhere. just bought a 94 corolla seca liftback. very neat but the dizzy o-ring is leaking seems easy enough to fix as long as i mark the rotor button and dizzy housing? where could i get an o-ring. would autobahn/anyone on here sell them? thanks alot, for any help.

Members dont see this ad

Do you mean the external O-ring? Cheap from Toyota and very simple to change. Make sure you have the engine at TDC on cylinder No.1, and mark the dizzy before you remove it.

If you mean the internal o-ring, that's a more complicated but not difficult job, and part kits are available cheaply via Canada.

http://www.kbox.ca/catalog/

Do you mean the external O-ring? Cheap from Toyota and very simple to change. Make sure you have the engine at TDC on cylinder No.1, and mark the dizzy before you remove it.

If you mean the internal o-ring, that's a more complicated but not difficult job, and part kits are available cheaply via Canada.

http://www.kbox.ca/catalog/

cheers mate, pretty sure its just the external, havent had it off yet but i assume thats the main seal between the dizzy and engine?which is where it appears to be leaking. cheers

Very reliable, and you would get it in about one week.

If the inside of your dizzy isn't oily, it will be the external o ring which hardens.

thanks for the advice, very helpful. if i marked the dizzy casing and rotor button would it matter if 1st cylinder was at TDC? if I'm putting it back in exactly as i took it out it should be fine?(just wanted to know out of curiosity)haha thanks for your time!

Yes it does matter. Because something will go wrong, always does......

At least if you know it is at TDC on No.1, it's easy to correctly reposition the dizzy.

And it is easy enough to do at the start of the job

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

hi, my dizzy is leaking inside it gas a pool of oil in the bottom when i open it..

could you please tell me what i can do to amend this ? also, what is TDC?

I am new to this forum and new to corolla's have also never dealt with Dizzy's before..

Probably a stuffed O-ring/oil seal on the distributor shaft.

TDC = Top Dead Centre.