Oil Pressure Increase

Old fella

G`day all, I am about to fit a set of bottom end bearings to my FJ62 Landcruiser and am wondering if anyone knows if the oil pump can be shimmed like a 4k to give me a bit better pressure. A new pump is way out of my budget at the moment at over $350.00. Its possible that the new bearings will fix the low pressure problem but I want to be prepared if it doesn`t.

The engine has done 370,000k and is in good condition and will only be getting a sump off repair. The oil pressure has been slowly dropping over the last year or so, so I don`t actually suspect the oil pump.

Cheers.

Sorry if this offends mods. I couldn`t find anywhere else to post it and I know that there are a couple of Toyota Technicians on here regularly.

Members dont see this ad

Thank you gents for your valued comments. Now for some of mine.

A. I`m not a tight arse as suggested, I am simply short of the ready stuff at the moment and need to have the car on the road asap. Haven`t we all been in that situation?????

B. Unlike some, I don`t consume alcohol or "go to the pub" as it were..

C. The engine has never been mistreated and I know the full ownership details since new. The crankshaft is perfect and is getting a set of standard bearings as per plastigauge readings.

D. The pump is visually ok. I would not consider putting it back in if it were not. It will be checked properly first.

E. The initial question related to whether or not the pressure relief valve could be shimmed for better pressure. I have since found my missing workshop manual and, indeed it is a simple job to do.

Thanks for all of the posts, but Jeez some of you carry on.

people that don't drink, theyre always so tightly coiled :P

no offense was intended, its just my experience, and ill refer to previous comments ive made in other threads about needlessly increasing maximum oil pressure...