4Age Ke55 Rally Car

Andy Roo

Struts i use xt130 coverted to coilovers ,not for the wank factor but ease of sping rate change and there 51mm od so can get all sorts of inserts from cheap to top shelf.

The standard ke struts will bend even in khanas (knitting needles bin them).

The ra40 struts have very heavy brake calipers ,so i would go with xt struts and steering arms, use twin spot sumitomos (spelling)from rt104 corona .Still solid disc but huge improvement over standard.

Control arms lengthen by 20mm,or better rose joint them.

Spring rates with k engine i used 150,4ag i use 175 but as dwarf said its a personal choice.

Rear i have a extra leaf and reset pack commodore ute shocks(yes i no poor mans billys)

But at some events i think the standard 200k leafs feel better ie soft grippy No rear sway bar ever.

Some events down here are khanas with a touch of rally sprint speeds :wink:

If your even got a thought of rallying this thing one day do all your homework before moding it to far as all ready said.

But remember that rallying proper is a very expensive regardless of what your told.

Note can only run 14in wheel with this set up.

Make it safe,make it handle,make it fast in that order. or and have fun most of all :yes:

rob

Members dont see this ad

Just to bring up the rule thing, recent developments seem to be supporting Club Rally Cars, in which you can run a KE55 with a 4AGE in it. I don't think that all events support them here in S.A. so you'll have to talk to a club, but when I inquired the support seemed reasonably positive. Indeed you can run in Rally SA with a Club Rally Car.

If you're genuinely going to rally though, the first point where I would be spending money is on safety gear. You want a good cage and seats/harnesses in that thing first. Then decent suspension, then power after all those.

www.camsmanual.com.au is your friend. It's also worth noting that Walkerville is running some of their events under AASA these days. I'm not sure of the implications there for vehicle eligibility, but I think their rules are similar to CAMS.

Edited by snot35

Struts i use xt130 coverted to coilovers ,not for the wank factor but ease of sping rate change and there 51mm od

I have this setup in mine and is magic, would recommend it,

I have the hilux/pug brake kit and clears easily

Just to bring up the rule thing, recent developments seem to be supporting Club Rally Cars, in which you can run a KE55 with a 4AGE in it. I don't think that all events support them here in S.A. so you'll have to talk to a club, but when I inquired the support seemed reasonably positive. Indeed you can run in Rally SA with a Club Rally Car.

If you're genuinely going to rally though, the first point where I would be spending money is on safety gear. You want a good cage and seats/harnesses in that thing first. Then decent suspension, then power after all those.

www.camsmanual.com.au is your friend. It's also worth noting that Walkerville is running some of their events under AASA these days. I'm not sure of the implications there for vehicle eligibility, but I think their rules are similar to CAMS.

The problem with CRC is that although you may be able to run them in certain events, it is still restrictive.

That's why I tend to build PRC cars. I can run it anywhere.

However, that said, CRC will allow cars like this to run, but don't expect them to be eligable for state or clubman points. Or indeed, they still may be refused entry to some events altogether.

Anyway, this is not the place to discuss this. On with the build. :)

Edited by Redwarf

rear suspension is all back together, didnt change a thing lol. ive got the radius rod off one side and almost have the control arm off.. ive noticed one problem with the sigma control arms i got.. the corolla control arms have the ball attatched to the arm and going through it, where as the very end of the sigma arms look like a ball slots into them, ill post some pics up in a min, think i might have to try again with the arms tho :(