Lances Awesome Ke55 Sedan

TarmacAttack

Hey guys,

My names Lance and i just picked up my first toyota and first non-Subaru.

Its a 1981 KE55 CS sedan, 4 speed with the 4K-C powerhouse. I bought this by chance as i was over driving a 302kw ATW Subaru as a daily and needed something cheaper to run.

The storey goes, i was at work working on an old 240 Volvo and decided as a joke to search the classified for one to buy and drive... After finding only interstate ones, i found a KE55 corolla only posted earlier that day.. So later that day after work i went and had a look, and bought it straight away..

One owner from brand new, EVERY single service recipt since its first service. And all services since 30,000kms was at one local workshop. it also came with:

the factory service/warrenty booklet,

Factory phillips AM cassete/radio booklet

Factory phillips authorisef car radio centre booklet

Factory Toyota emission control and maintenance guide

It drives very smoothly, starts first go everytime, gearbox feels brand new and I'm loving it :)

Besides abit of rust in the boot and surface rust on the Roof and boot, its great.

I'm currently replacing the tyres ( bridgestones) and fixing a few oil leaks. Then will put new brakes alround.

I'm in the position to choose whether to spend the minimum on the old girl and drive it everyday to save money. Or put some money into it.. Respray it white or black, maybe rebuild or replace the motor with something with abit more poke..

So i hope to see what others have done and help with my decision

-Lance

Edited by TarmacAttack

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Its notbas clean as id like. The body has marks on most panels and the roof and bonnet have paint flaking off..

Typical rust in boot and rear quarters and bottom of doors. But my goal is to maybe fix this and give it a respray in white or silver.

Anywho i have put new bridgestones on the front, painted the standard wheels silver, brake calipers red and hopefully getting a new grill from a member on here soon.

The car owes me about $600 which includes the purchase price, rego inspection and 3 months rego

Heres a few pictures of the ol girl

79CA06EA-orig.jpg

B2C54200-orig.jpg

471D4B63-orig.jpg

Went on a nice drive down some dirt roads in the brindabella ranges up to MT franklin ( yep, where the bottled water comes from)

1c913ee0.jpg

cc1550cf.jpg

Any the books it came with, incuding 30+ years of service recipts from the one workshop

22dbb72a.jpg

Lol different? Its a liberty B4.

Maybe the Brembos i put on front and rear from a WRX STI? And FMIC

As for the KE55 i keep on thinking about how cool it would be with abit more poke, even a standard 12A turbo, somthing along those lines.

But there goes the cheap to run daily driver aspect of it

Edited by TarmacAttack

• 3 weeks later...