Transporting A Shell Door-To-Door

Mic

Hi Guys,

I undertook this process a few weeks back for my Ke25. I had it shipped from Gold Coast (door) to Sydney (door). I had to call a heap of places to try and find one who could ship the car. The problem was the ke25 was just a rolling shell. It had no working brakes (no handbrake either), no seats and also there was a heap of spares chucked in the cabin. Thankfully I found this company:

Openica Transport

http://www.opsl.com.au/

It cost me $850 inc GST and only took 2 days to be delivered (they quoted 1 week originally).

Now, I know a lot of companies can ship working cars and are pretty reasonable. But when trying to ship a rolling shell (with spares stored inside) it can be quite impossible, as companies are not willing to accommodate the requests.

So I do recommend these guys. Service was good, cost was pretty good considering all other companies wouldn't touch it and transporting was quick.

I thought this may help for people who are interested in shipping shells interstate but not sure who to contact in regards to shipping.

Hope it helps.

Cheers

Mick

Members dont see this ad

It was either $850 or $830, I can't remember. It was definitely reasonable though, considering the condition.

Some places wouldn't even touch it, as soon as I said it had no seats. A lot of places I found refused because glass was not intact and also they wouldn't accept with spare parts in the car. Basically I found the criteria for most cars set by transport companies were:

Must be a complete shell

Must have working brakes

Must have seats

Must have all glass in place

Must have no spares in the cabin

So pretty much a car which has broken down. Hopefully this helps someone else out, definitely helped me.

Cheers

Mick