5K Fuel Injection Distributor

zukimad

Members dont see this ad

The 5k never came with efi from factory. But the 4k and 7k did so you will most probably have one of these manifolds. What does the manifold look like, does the plenum sit beside the head or over it?

For a dizzy i`d look for an external ignighter electronic one(i think they are from the lightace 5k)which will work with an aftermarket ecu.

As for ecu look on ebay for a reasonable priced secondhand one.

Stu.

thanks guys , the throttle body sits on top....it also runs the injectors in a little spacer that goes between the inlet manifold and the head....were currently running the stock carburetted dissy....with a 92 model corolla dissy joined ontop...messy but it works....i'd like to run a 1 piece dissy with a programmable computer....its fitted to a suzukilj80 4x4 rockcrawler....that we race

YOur efi manifold is a 4ke one , i used to have one.

As for the ignition, as someone has said , get an electronic one with an external igniter.

I am using a 4ke electronic dizzy which uses an external igniter ( my igniter was from a cressida as i put this in over 15 years ago, can't remember the year but it is the same toyota part as the 4ke one)

Cheers

Dale