Chestikoph'S New Panel Van Daily

chestikoph1

Just picked up a new daily, got it off a German backpacker who was going back home, she picked it from QLD and drove it over.

It's in pretty good nick body wise, very straight with no rust at all, not sure if thats rare for these things.

The interior is a bit rough though, the center console is busted up and the auto T bar is broken.

Runs good except for the whiney diff.

I have already put some other wheels and tyres on there, the ones she had on had started to separate and were causing the worst vibration.

Also put some new boat carpet in the back.

Not too clued up about these things, but is the sedan diff the same as the panel van? i need to get it sussed out asap.

Not going to do much to this one, just a tidy up and probably off load in a few months once my ke55 is back on the road

Here's some pics from her add, i will take some fresh ones and post up soon.

post-4551-0-71515100-1312086307_thumb.jpg

post-4551-0-71672500-1312086323_thumb.jpg

Edited by chestikoph1

Members dont see this ad

yeah the yellow is pretty rank...

But it's just what i need at the moment, my position at work got made redundant last week so i lost the company car.

It looks like it will fit the boards and fishing rods well.

Will fix her up, drive it for a bit and probably flog it for a couple of grand.

Had a shit of a day today, went to sus out my diff whine, i thought i had better check the wheel bearings first and they were very F*#ked

I took it apart, cut the old bearings off, and.......

Problem is does any one in Perth carry panel van ( jap diff ) wheel bearings.... NO

Does any one know if the Jap diff can be changed over for the Borg Warner?

I have a Borgy here to suit AE71/KE70 wagon panno. In adelaide tho :/

All good, thanks anyway mate, finally got some bearings into it, quiet as a mouse now.

Glad it was the wheel bearings and not the center, was a bit worried because they were whining, not droning like bearings normally do.