F100

cinky

I'm no longer the owner of a corolla or even a toyota, some you may know that my dad passed away from cancer late June. and ever since i was about 10 years old he promised me that one day we would restore an old car one day and we both always liked the old fords so I picked up this 1974 Ford F100 SWB CUSTOM on saturday. since getting it i have striped the interior ready for sanding and rust repairs which there isnt much to do.

this is how she is currentlypost-9413-0-97686200-1312786230_thumb.jpgpost-9413-0-29776500-1312786189_thumb.jpgpost-9413-0-97033400-1312786340_thumb.jpg

post-9413-0-30089200-1312786293_thumb.jpg

post-9413-0-05943000-1312786443_thumb.jpg

Members dont see this ad

it will be mostly original, part form the height, so original interior style and body shape, just remove the bull bar and canopy and the rear step. i'm planing a 5'' drop which sounds like a lot but it will really only just put the guards level with the top of the current tyres which are 31'' muddies, then i will be getting some nice wheels and some decent street tyres. no need for muddies if its only 2WD

I gotta love me some old ford f trucks..

My most favourite is the 57' f100 would love to restore one of them one day..

but unlikely in my budget.. this is an amazing idea to do it up. you will always have something that you can attach to your father..

As you were both going to do something like this together.. this is a really good idea mate..

good luck with the build :)

yeah i sure love the older trucks aswell 67 to 69 model are my favourites, but they were too highly priced or too far gone for a short term project. ive been flat out with work and with the missus about to pop out another bub, she doesnt get work on everyday, but today i got stuck in and 9 hours hard work, done so far

striped front brakes

removed heater/ cooler unit,

canopy removed

bullbar and towbar/rear step and slide steps removed,

started sanding it all back

currently sitting on stands on front while brakes are done but rear is still on wheels at new height thanks to flipping the front hanger of the leaf springs. which has set it a total of 7 inches lower. the fornt will take a little more work to get it sitting that low. here how she is currently

post-9413-0-69864800-1314019245_thumb.jpg

post-9413-0-78320700-1314019279_thumb.jpg

post-9413-0-30780800-1314019321_thumb.jpg

thanks to a mate of mine for helping me out, front and back brakes are now reco'd repainted fitted and have with new bearing up front, new pads all round. A shout out to Rosco's Engineering for taking car of the machining and welding work ive had done at short notice even right before closing time.

The bogan BBQ was running hot and so was the midnight oil, the tub has been removed for easier access to rear leafs so i cna get stuck into the suspension and frame work

thats 15cm off the rail, will need to be tubbed. thats just the wheel sitting under the tub. i had the tub sitting on blocks at the height I want it to be. to get it to fit properly i will need to tub it as wheel wells are very narrow. it will eventually be notched bagged with 5 link rear and eventually it will either lay rail or go very close. fronts will also be on bags,

thats 15cm off the rail, will need to be tubbed. thats just the wheel sitting under the tub. i had the tub sitting on blocks at the height I want it to be. to get it to fit properly i will need to tub it as wheel wells are very narrow. it will eventually be notched bagged with 5 link rear and eventually it will either lay rail or go very close. fronts will also be on bags,

That sounds like a plan mate these things look great slammed on bags and 5 link amd notch it

the only thing I dislike is that even when dropped on the ground they still look high because of the high roof of the cab but the only way is to chop the top, but I don't have the skill or the patience for that much work but atleast it could always be a pipe dream