Just Joels Ke25 4Agze

Joel25

Hi guys,

Well where do i start?!

After waiting 5 long years i finally have another corolla to play with, My first car was a ke55 which i purchased of its original owner, had a 4k in it converted to 5 speed, only done 70000kms with log books, i mean this thing was immaculate, at the time i was doing engine reco as an apprentice so i started building a 4agze supercharged over turbo for it, all my apprentice pay was going onto my baby. spent 15 months building and working and building and working on it till doom day happened, i was out in the city one night having the time of my life with my mates when i returned home someone had taken at it with a sledgehammer (a case of mistaken identity) and the car was ridden off :((( to this day i don't know who did it or why but if i find them god help them. After 3 days i finally came out of my room and sold my semi built motor to a mate as i was just that devestated,broke and the insurance company giving me a $900 pay out (bullshit market value) didnt make me feel any better, Hopefully ill find some old photos of the baby and put them up.

After 5 years of going through family/job/health issues i can finally say i have a new girl in my life, A 1971 ke25 corolla. There is a couple of spots of rust but f#%k all. My plan is to put a 4agze which i brought with computer for $500 (with spun bearing) in it running either a celica or supra box, This is where my questions come in, I know you have probably heard alot of people asking what they should do and it probably might get annoying to most of you but i would really like a hand or tips on the best way to go with front/running gear, ive got a few things in mind like ae86 struts with power steering arm and t3 ball joint adaptor etc etc but obviously tips are gonna help me big time, also what engine mounts will be easiest to modify to fit the 4agze into the 25? i was thinking a hilux lsd diff to but hear they are very hard to convert?

Thats all for now but ill be updating this space with pics tonight of what ive done so for, mainly just tidy up with paint (had ugly pin stripes through it) and interior (trims etc)

Any help will be greatly appreciated boys and girls.

Happy rollin :dance:

Joel

Members dont see this ad

Hi Joel,

Sounds good, can't wait to see pics. Where abouts in Sydney? I am down Sutherland way.

4agze will be a sweet motor to go in the '25. I put a 4agze in an old '20 a few years back, I had it running and sounded amazing, unfortunately didn't get to finish it.

Is it going to be a street car?

In regards to upgrades, as you said people might get annoyed, but there is a lot of info out there on upgrades for Ke2X's so it just takes some time to search. A few guys on here have done the AE86 strut's with the setup you said, I am even looking at this option down the track, so have a look at some thread's and you will find their experiences. There is a guy on Toymod's and here (bananaman) who upgraded to R31 struts w/coilovers. He even did a write up on it. Then there is the Hilux/Pug/Corona upgrade which is another option. There is plenty of thread's on this upgrade too.

For the Hilux rear, unless you work in a diff shop or you can buy one already fabricated to suit (they pop up from time-to-time on eBay and here), you are going to have to pay to get one shortened and fabricated to fit. Places in Sydney do this, I can't remember the names, but do a bit of searching and i am sure a few threads will say where people have gone.

Engine mounts, if you are handy with a welder, you should be able to make your own mounts or modify mounts to suit, just need to have an engine crane to play with. Have a look on here (as well as Club K and Toymods) on which mounts to modify, quite a few 4age's in Ke2x's these days. Also you can mock up the mounts with wood/cardboard then go to a metal fabricators and get them to make them up for you.

Good luck with it mate, the '25's are one of the best Corolla's to own (in my opinion). Take care of it too!

Cheers

Mick

Hi Joel,

Sounds good, can't wait to see pics. Where abouts in Sydney? I am down Sutherland way.

4agze will be a sweet motor to go in the '25. I put a 4agze in an old '20 a few years back, I had it running and sounded amazing, unfortunately didn't get to finish it.

Is it going to be a street car?

In regards to upgrades, as you said people might get annoyed, but there is a lot of info out there on upgrades for Ke2X's so it just takes some time to search. A few guys on here have done the AE86 strut's with the setup you said, I am even looking at this option down the track, so have a look at some thread's and you will find their experiences. There is a guy on Toymod's and here (bananaman) who upgraded to R31 struts w/coilovers. He even did a write up on it. Then there is the Hilux/Pug/Corona upgrade which is another option. There is plenty of thread's on this upgrade too.

For the Hilux rear, unless you work in a diff shop or you can buy one already fabricated to suit (they pop up from time-to-time on eBay and here), you are going to have to pay to get one shortened and fabricated to fit. Places in Sydney do this, I can't remember the names, but do a bit of searching and i am sure a few threads will say where people have gone.

Engine mounts, if you are handy with a welder, you should be able to make your own mounts or modify mounts to suit, just need to have an engine crane to play with. Have a look on here (as well as Club K and Toymods) on which mounts to modify, quite a few 4age's in Ke2x's these days. Also you can mock up the mounts with wood/cardboard then go to a metal fabricators and get them to make them up for you.

Good luck with it mate, the '25's are one of the best Corolla's to own (in my opinion). Take care of it too!

Cheers

Mick

Hey Mick I'm in Little bay, not to far from you ;)

Yes my intentions are to be street legal but you know how it goes once you start building something, you just want to go bigger and bigger haha, yes i know people can get a little (as do i sometimes) but i do 60 hrs a week at work so time is a very big issue for me to so any help will be appreciated but yes i will be looking through a few threads tonight :D

Is that you car in your DP? loving the JDM style man and thats the way i want to go.

As for the diff, because i was doing engine reco i have plenty of contacts and one being diff conversions :D thanks for your input though man it is really appreciated, should keep in touch when our toys are finished, don't see many 25`s in sydney, took me about 4 months to find a half decent one :bash:

Ah yeah cool, not too far.

Well I guess if you want to keep it legal, just talk to and engineer on the do's and don't's, then go from there.

Well if you have the space, take your time and get it right.

That is mine, I sold that front section now (personally not my thing), so I will be running standard front with Te27 style lip and flares.

Good stuff mate, I look forward to the pics.

Cheers

Mick

Edited by Mic

Hey guys here is a couple of pictures of my new baby, finished up the door trims last night and rewired everything back up properly. theres also some before and after shot of the pin stripe i removed, next thing is the tint :D

BEFORE:

photo15u.jpg

By justjoel at 2011-08-11

AFTER:

photo9jyy.jpg

BEFORE:

photo10n.jpg

AFTER:

photo12ch.jpg

CUSTOM DASH:

photo13tu.jpg

THE BOOTY:

photo11x.jpg

FRONT TRIMS:

photo16y.jpg

MY BABY:

photo14n.jpg

HOPEFULLY WE`LL GET SOME SUN OVER THE WEEKEND TO GIVE IT A GOOD WASH AND POLISH AND GET SOME MORE SNAPS UP :laff:

Edited by Joel25

i like it!

there isnt a lot you need to know about ae86 struts that you don't know already, and a big brake upgrade is easy with rx7 kits are available from ajps, and coilover kits are easy to get aswell. thats what I'm doing

good to see another ke25 on here, good luck