Travs 3sge +turbo Rwd Conversion

TRAV-KE55

Hi guys,

I'm only new to rollaclub forums but i hope i can be a valued member to you guys,

My project is a KE55 corolla coupe that i am building as a race car, throughout the conversion process i will try to keep you guys as informed and uptodate as possible, my conversion is a slight twist to the norm though, being built as a race car i will be deviating from the conventional a little, so just try to follw my thinking patterns.

Attached are some pics (low quality phone pics) of the new engine mounts i have just made for it and a pic of the car in action (at winton with my old 13T pushrod engine).

I will post some more info soon on what i have done to get to this stage, if any of you guys want to offer idea's or critisim i am all ears, or even feel free to drop me a line 0418 552 413

I hope you guys enjoy this sort of engineering as much as i do (so much so I own a motorsport fabrication & preperation business!!), so sit back and hopefully enjoy the show that is yet to come!!

Trav

Ps:when i get time i will work out how to host these pics and ill upload some more detailed pics

Trav

PPS":I'm in Shepparton, Victoria, Australia.

post-989-1133138046.jpg

post-989-1133138067.jpg

Members dont see this ad
heh, solid mounts, make sure you get some lumpy cams so it shakes the whole car at idle :hmm:

Ok guys now that i have a bit more time ill go into a bit more detail of the project, as you allready now I'm converting a 3SGE to rwd, the engine is a gen2 engine that i got from central vic auto parts a few years back (i worked for andrew for 6 1/2 years!), the criteria that i am working to is that everything has to be light yet strong enough to perform without failure, and to be the best possible package for a circuit aplication at a realistic cost!

So far youve seen the pics of the engine mounts, there weight is very impressive weighing in at just under 1kg total per side, now if anyone has ever weighed the standard toyota engine brackets/mount/cross member brackets in a corolla or most toyotas will realise that they are quiet heavy, after weighing the standard units you would normally use in this conversion (ST141 brakets & mounts) i have saves a total weight of about 2.5 kgs per side, thats 5kgs overall . and are still rubber mounted!

Ive also leaned the engine to the passenger side slightly to try to improve some weight distribution (& also gives a little more clearance for the intake from the clutch cyl) and the engine is mounted as low and far back as possible (this meant modifying the back of the cyl head) which we will get to at a later date.

Hope to post some more detailed pics soon. (as well as more progress as well!!)

Cheers

Trav

post-989-1133238919_thumb.jpg

Just subscribed to this thread.. this is tough!

Keep up the hard yards dude :P got my stamp :)

Thanks tiger, i will post some more pics soon for you guys, just have to get some time, the next step in the conversion is probally adapting the gearbox. That will be a good one!!!

Edited by Tiger

• 2 weeks later...